Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Entwined with You discussion

*Spoiler alert* Russian mob???

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Connie (last edited Jun 04, 2013 02:45PM) (new) - added it

Connie I am listening to this book right now. I am at the end of the Chapter 14 where the NY detectives speaking to Eva. Telling her that they found someone that they think killed Nathan. This guy was killed by the Russian mob. So it seems like Russian mob is covering Gideon's track? Does anyone think this is weird? Why is Ms Day introducing more things to the plot?

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Actually I happy about it! Now if the Detective would just go bug someone else... Makes sense to me did you see what else they said what N was trying to do?

Metris I'm all for more to the story, but I hate all the haters in Gideon and Eva's life!!!! Go AWAY Corienne, Titanna, Elizabeth, Christopher, Detective Graves! ugh

But overall the book was really HOTTTTTTT my favorite so far.

Cindy Unless Giedon didn't really kill him. Maybe he just thought he did and the Russian mafia are the ones behind it.thats what I think anyway.

Metris I think Gideon killed him however the mob was probably after him too.... remember he need money probably owed them big bucks.

message 6: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Cynthia wrote: "Unless Giedon didn't really kill him. Maybe he just thought he did and the Russian mafia are the ones behind it.thats what I think anyway."

You Know I was thinking the same thing...

message 7: by Kia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kia Ok so the question is, who covered up for Gideon and really killed Nathan and what do they want in exchange for their silence?

Kellie Do you think that maybe the detective that told Eva her theory helped cover it up?! She seemed to be on Gideon and Eva's side?!

Lanie i think the russian mob is introduced to add more layers to the story as a get away solution for gideon not to be incriminated in nathan's death

Joey D maybe it was clancy who orchestrated the coverup? he did say his family was all military.

Metris Joanna wrote: "maybe it was clancy who orchestrated the coverup? he did say his family was all military."

I was thinking Clancy or Gideon's guy (I've went blank can remember his name)

Metris Avid Reader wrote: "Metris wrote: "Joanna wrote: "maybe it was clancy who orchestrated the coverup? he did say his family was all military."

I was thinking Clancy or Gideon's guy (I've went blank can remember his nam..."

I am so over Corinne, what doesn't she understand Gideon has moved on...did she forget she left him to marry someone else ughhhh.

Lanie Metris wrote: "Joanna wrote: "maybe it was clancy who orchestrated the coverup? he did say his family was all military."

I was thinking Clancy or Gideon's guy (I've went blank can remember his name)"

angus

Ilana it's a BIG question. i think that what gets me is that the russian mob guy had the bracelet, and Gideon is SURE that Nathan had the bracelet on when he 'killed him' but did he leave Nathan's body somewhere? i don't get that part.

anyway, it'll be interesting - there's DEFINITELY a lot more to the story that we don't know yet.

Metris Ilana wrote: "it's a BIG question. i think that what gets me is that the russian mob guy had the bracelet, and Gideon is SURE that Nathan had the bracelet on when he 'killed him' but did he leave Nathan's body ..."

it will be interesting, it always amazes me how Sylvia will leave us hanging and the answer will be something furthest from your mind. I love her work. Who would have thought when Gideon was MIA (Reflected in You) that he was moving in next door to Eva & Cary.

~IreneOust~ Do you think the Russian guy came to Nathan's appartment to collect whatever Nathan may have owed him/the mob, saw pictures of Eva and took them, planning on shaking down Gideon for some $$$ and not for the purpose of sex trafficking Eva? I am just guessing here. Or do you think whoever covered up for G, planted Eva's pics at his place?

message 17: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Do you think the Russian guy came to Nathan's appartment to collect whatever Nathan may have owed him/the mob, saw pictures of Eva and took them, planning on shaking down Gideon for some $$$ and no..."

I think whoever covered for G put the pictures there to give motive and to take G completely out of the suspect list.

Metris Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Do you think the Russian guy came to Nathan's appartment to collect whatever Nathan may have owed him/the mob, saw pictures of Eva and took them, planning on shaking down Gideon for some $$$ and no..."

I was thinking maybe Nathan owed money to the mob, that why he was trying to blackmail Gideon & Stanton & when he was able to pay they came after him. So maybe he wasnt dead when they came for him or just finished him off some more to make sure.

message 19: by ~IreneOust~ (last edited Jun 06, 2013 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~IreneOust~ I am trying to figure out if G knew about the cover up because when he told Eva about the bracelet still being on Nathan's hand when he left him there, he did sound genuinely suprised that it was found on the Russin guy, no?

message 20: by Jo (last edited Jun 06, 2013 10:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo I am so glad that the trail is away from Gideon. He is one of the 25 riches men in the world and money talks bs walks..Who knows what he can do. Nathan was trying to sell Eva to the Mob for slave trade.
Gideon did beat the S&*^ out of N when he went to his office with the pictures, Angus was always outside the building.(Gee I didn't know that Bentley made an SUV I want one). So Maybe it was his driver Angus that had the connection. Angus use to be with MI6 which is the British international equivalent of the CIA v/s MI5 which is domestic & they are goood at what they do.

~IreneOust~ Jo wrote: "(Gee I didn't know that Bentley made an SUV I want one)"

Yes, ma'am ...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Metris Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Jo wrote: "(Gee I didn't know that Bentley made an SUV I want one)"

Yes, ma'am ...

"

Oweeee I LOVE IT

Cindy Connie wrote: "I am listening to this book right now. I am at the end of the Chapter 14 where the NY detectives speaking to Eva. Telling her that they found someone that they think killed Nathan. This guy was kil..."

I know what you are saying, what if Gideon didn't really kill him and the Russian mob hitman finished the job? I finished reading this book, it was good. Can't wait for the other 2 books.

Cindy Leilani wrote: "To further market a book four and five. I wish she had finished this out as a trilogy instead of quintet."

I agree with you, i thought this was supposed to be a trilogy?

message 25: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Jo wrote: "(Gee I didn't know that Bentley made an SUV I want one)"

Yes, ma'am ...

"

Thank You soooo much... This is gorgeous!!!! Just the color I want too! You Know GC looks good in this!
Personally I hope she writes 10 books I like reading about GC & ET...

message 26: by ~IreneOust~ (last edited Jun 06, 2013 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~IreneOust~ Jo, ITA! As I said in one of my updates while reading this book "Gideon can recite a phone book and do noting else and I will still find him fascinating & sexy!" LOL! As if more Gideon is ever a bad thing, right??

message 27: by Jo (last edited Jun 06, 2013 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Do you think the Russian guy came to Nathan's appartment to collect whatever Nathan may have owed him/the mob, saw pictures of Eva and took them, planning on shaking down Gideon for some $$$ and no..."

Yes could be.. Good point!

I think it was the detective that said it was sex trafficking I will be more that happy to try and find the part that talks about it.. In any event Nathan was a sick f#^k..lol Nathan was pissed at Eva because the 5 mil settlement she got he felt was his inheritance.. Again, Angus was EX-MI6 and they can do some wicked stuff and make things look as they want to...

message 28: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie I love this series. I don't mind the story continue, however, I mind the long wait.

Metris Connie wrote: "I love this series. I don't mind the story continue, however, I mind the long wait."

Same Here

Yaslyn Joanna wrote: "maybe it was clancy who orchestrated the coverup? he did say his family was all military."

I instantly thought that when he said his brother is FBI..! Maybe he called his brother for a favor..!!

Yasmila s Cynthia wrote: "Unless Giedon didn't really kill him. Maybe he just thought he did and the Russian mafia are the ones behind it.thats what I think anyway."

That's what I think and hope because he is not copping well with what he did...

message 32: by Gwen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gwen Jo wrote: "Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Jo wrote: "(Gee I didn't know that Bentley made an SUV I want one)"

Yes, ma'am ...

I sooooooo agree.

"

Thank You soooo much... This is gorgeous!!!! Just the color I want too! You..."

message 33: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana Bailey Joanna wrote: "maybe it was clancy who orchestrated the coverup? he did say his family was all military."

I think you're on to something. It was said that he had a brother in the FBI. I think something will come of this later on.

message 34: by ishi (last edited Jun 07, 2013 10:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ishi reflected in u at least gave closure but this one leaves so many open threads
who knows about cross killing nathan? who wants to protect cross?
is mrs lucas treating corrine ?does she know what her brother did?
when are they going to tell that they are already married?
when will cross's mother finally admit her mistake?
will staton know his wife cheated?
is that reporter out of the scene or is she plotting something more?
ill die before the next book gets out ,there are so many unanswered questions

Christine Mameli With Nathan's death. Do you think it could come down to Gideon father or his brother Christopher? There is a lot of resentment between past investors and his step brother...

Yasmila s yaeh ishi i agree with you and can't wait for the next book. i was happy they got married and so sad that it was a hush hush wedding. i guess it is still a good move because now eva won't be forced to testify against her husband! btw wtf is wrong with corrine? i know she loves Gideon but there has to be more to that story! who is she really pregnant by? Can't wait!!!!!!! :-)

message 37: by Veronica (last edited Jun 08, 2013 06:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica Janet wrote: "Ok so the question is, who covered up for Gideon and really killed Nathan and what do they want in exchange for their silence?"

Well this is just a thought but when they said that guy who was working with Nathan before he died wanted eva cause of sex trafficking thing well if they are covering for gideon maybe they still want eva in return idk

~IreneOust~ Dana wrote: "Joanna wrote: "maybe it was clancy who orchestrated the coverup? he did say his family was all military."

Clancy works for Stanton (sp?). Why would he get involved in helping Gideon?

JustaDreamer I am probably "overthinking" it but here are some of my "thoughts".
I think Gideon stabbed Nathan & maybe he thought Nathan was dead or something caused him to leave in a hurry before making sure.Maybe someone else came in or was already there to finish the job(not sure who).Could the person covering for Gideon be Ava's dad?(he found out about the rape on his own & maybe figured Gideon did it & wants to keep him out of trouble.Being a cop he knows how to throw a red-herring out there and the guy he chose is a dead bad-guy.)
My other thought is that Stanton did it just because he has done so much to cover it up for Ava and he knows his wife wants it squashed.So if Stanton got busted in a cover-up,that could leave mom open to get back with dad.
I think Corinne(needs a bitch-slap)was pregnant by Dr. Lucas. She was seen leaving Crossfire(where his office is)all dishelveled.She wasn't with Gideon.Then when Ava went to her house Corinne had someone in there with her and it wasn't Gideon or her husband.
Something strikes me odd about Megumi(sp).She asks alot of questions about Gideon & Ava's business.Maybe it's just me.
I don't think Cary is the baby's daddy!
I am very curious about who this Dr. is that Ava & Cary thinks so much of.

message 40: by ~IreneOust~ (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~IreneOust~ Dr Travis, right? I didn't even think of him. Could be nothing but his name keeps popping up ... hmmm.

message 41: by JustaDreamer (last edited Jun 08, 2013 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JustaDreamer Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Dr Travis, right? I didn't even think of him. Could be nothing but his name keeps popping up ... hmmm."

Yep Dr. Travis. Wonder why his name keeps getting thrown out there. He will have a tie-in somewhere I am sure.

As far as Ava's dad doing the cover-up,there was no other suspect besides Gideon until dad found out.Then dad came to town and right after he leaves the cops tie someone else to the crime.Hummm.... suspicious to anyone else?

Who do we think is the son of Gideon's rapist?

Malisa I love this book! I just finished it and I want to read it again! I can't wait for the next book:)

~IreneOust~ Justadreamer wrote: "Yep Dr. Travis. Wonder why his name keeps getting thrown out there. He will have a tie-in somewhere I am sure.

As far as Ava's dad doing the cover-up,there was no other suspect besides Gideon until dad found out.Then dad came to town and right after he leaves the cops tie someone else to the crime.Hummm.... suspicious to anyone else?

Who do we think is the son of Gideon's rapist?"

Dr Travis would be an intersting twist if he does, indeed, end up being connected to this whole story other than being Cary and Eva's therapist.

It sounds like Ava's dad found out about Nathan after the fact, didn't he?

There was a theory that Megumi's boyfriend is Gideon's rapist's son. Could very well be. I want to know what happened to her (Megumi) towards the end.

Carole Jo wrote: "Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Do you think the Russian guy came to Nathan's appartment to collect whatever Nathan may have owed him/the mob, saw pictures of Eva and took them, planning on shaking do..."

I was wondering if it has to do with Tatania as she doesn't like Eva and wants Cary all to herself. Also the pregnancy is suspicious. Do you think it has to do with Tatania?

Yasmila s Carole wrote: "Jo wrote: "Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Do you think the Russian guy came to Nathan's appartment to collect whatever Nathan may have owed him/the mob, saw pictures of Eva and took them, planning on..."

Wow! That is so possible!

message 46: by JustaDreamer (last edited Jun 09, 2013 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JustaDreamer Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: It sounds like Ava's dad found out about Nathan after the fact, didn't he?

He didn't find out until after Nathan's death but there was no other suspect. I think when he came to town to see Ava he somehow planted evidence on this "dead-russian-bad-guy" because he knew Gideon was a suspect.

No other suspect was mentioned until Dad came to town and then went back home.Suddenly tadaaaaa a new suspect and how convient that he is dead and a menace to society to boot.

Just a thought.I tend to overthink this kind of stuff.

message 47: by Kaeri (last edited Jun 10, 2013 01:44AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kaeri One of my theories is that Eva's mom had something to do with the mafia boss being framed. I think Gideon really killed Nathan, and maybe Eva's mom saw him somehow... or maybe she didn't, and was just thankful to whoever killed the bastard. In this book, it was clearly emphasized how money was so important to her (Eva's mom), and maybe she had to use a lot of money to pull some strings... Maybe the mafia guy was an enemy of Stanton and he was a convenient "suspect", so she framed him to put a close to the case.

Just a thought.

Ladonna Alexander I think the Russian Mob has to do with Clancy or Angus. Those two are way to secretive and now we find that Clancy has ties to the FBI and Military. Thoughts????

Sarah Carole wrote: "Jo wrote: "Irene ~ #teamSøren ~ wrote: "Do you think the Russian guy came to Nathan's appartment to collect whatever Nathan may have owed him/the mob, saw pictures of Eva and took them, planning on..."

I didn't even think to like Tatiana with the Russian mob guy, she seemed to have a liking to Giddeon maybe she figured she could get Giddeon's attention.

Gabriella I actually have a theory that this guy 'Micheal' we keep hearing about has something to do with covering for Gideon. We hear about him so little but its kinda weird that he just happens to turn up in the book...
Also Megumi has gone missing further painting this Micheal guy suspicious. I mean by dating Megumi he is gaining entry into the crossfire building as well as access to Gideon/Eva. Maybe 'Micheal' is actually the little boy of the father who raped Gideon. Maybe, just maybe he's looking for revenge and in order to do that he's got to keep Gideon out of prison... (Or maybe i just have an over reactive imagination. ^_^ )

« previous 1 3