[asmb] Book Club discussion

Book of the Month > Watchureadin? June 6.6

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments Hey, yes, we are still doing this. :D

Anyway, this is the thread to set a goal towards the reading of a particular something-something for this month. And then, when you have met that particular personal goal, if you feel like it you can let peeps here know what you thought of it. Or not. It's all optional and personal after all. :P :D

message 2: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments And once again, I'll start because I'm here and all.

For the month of June, in continuing with my Year of Nerdly Persuits theme, I'll be reading / finishing 'A Clash of Kings' by George R.R. Martin because nothing appears to be more nerdly right now then Game of Thrones.

It's been in my Currently Reading pile for quite a while but only because it was the book that I would read only while waiting for a manager to show up at the store in the morning. In moving it to the BotM choice, I'm hoping to focus / finish it so I can read the other books in the series which are also sitting here staring at me. :D

For the curious [all like 2 of you :D ] , May's book was 'Anime and Philosophy' editted by Josef Steiff and Tristan D Tamplin and of which I am still reading. Picked because of AniMay. -.-; Yeah, my jokes still need work.

message 3: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) | 703 comments Mod
I'm trying to get out of the genre slump I've been in for years. I'm not going to abandon urban fantasy all together, but I'm definitely trying to not let it be the forerunner of my reading. So! ... so. Fuck. Oh my god, House of Leaves really is digging deeper and deeper into my brain.

I'm currently working my way through three books - one paper, one audio, and on e-book. House of Leaves, Swann's Way, and The Disappearing Spoon respectively. I must say, my brain is all over the place with these three books. They are all so different, but offer so much to work over and think about. It's quite lovely.

... I can't recall what I was reading in May. Oye.

This month and the coming months will be dedicated to getting through a book of each type. Hopefully more physical books too as I've recently gone on a purchasing spree.