The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
This topic is about Insurgent
Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments WOW! I just finished reading Insurgent! It was fantastic! I made this topic so if anyone wanted to discuss the book they could write a comment. However I do not suggest this topic for people who haven't finished the book because of spoilers.
I literally cannot wait until Allegiant!

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) In my opinion, I thought Insurgent was way better than Divergent. I seriously can not wait til the next book OR the movie (but I won't get my hopes up just in case!). :)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments Right? Insurgent was definitely better. Gosh I was so angry at the end when Tori shot Jeanine and then made Uriah take Tris away from the computer. Like come on! she was this close to getting the data! And then Tobias. Tobias never fails to make me smile oh my gosh I'm so happy that he made Caleb get the data!

Christian Maria Morgan what about that cliff hanger?

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments I know right, Krys?! I cannot wait for Allegiant; Insurgent left us with a huge cliffhanger! I need to know how all the people reacted to the video! haha

Lily (littlebookthings) | 6 comments People are probably gonna hate me, but I thought it kind of sucked by how she was so simpleminded to let Tobias go like that. Or Tobias let her go, in that matter. They didn't trust each other, even though at the end, they worked things out. I didn't like the fact that they kept fighting about how "reckless" she was. Never the less, it was a great book, but I thought Divergent was better. Insurgent was character development, that's why I thought it was very timid.

✿.Ⓐⓟⓞⓞⓡⓥⓐ.✿ (apoorvak) I actually like how Tris and Tobias don't totally trust each other. That's what makes them relatable.

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments Same, Apoorva! I like that they're not always so love-y if that makes sense, and how they get into fights and have trust issues.

✿.Ⓐⓟⓞⓞⓡⓥⓐ.✿ (apoorvak) Bridget wrote: "Same, Apoorva! I like that they're not always so love-y if that makes sense, and how they get into fights and have trust issues."

Exactly! It's not like "OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT AND I WON'T QUESTION ANYTHING YOU DO EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW YOU THAT WELL." I like it the way it is. Relationships aren't perfect, and people never trust other people completely.

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments Exactly! Tris and Tobias' characters are so realistic.

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) YES!!! I COMPLETELY AGREE! I hate all the sappy stuff. Everybody has to disagree at some point in time! And from the moment they met, they had issues... I liked that!
I didn't really see a cliffhanger at the end of this book... I actually didn't know it was a trilogy and thought it was the end. I know that sounds weird, but it actually sounded like a very symbolic(ish) ending.

message 12: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam OMG!! just finished Insurgent and I LOVED IT! I can't wait until the third one comes out! I love how there is never a dull moment in Roth's books and they're always filled with adventure and excitement! If anyone has a book recommendation that is similar to these books, please let me know!!

Also, I do not know the name of this book my friend recommended me so I was hoping that someone may have read it. My friend told me that the book was about this girl who finds her grandmas journal and travels back in time where only her grandma and this boy are able to see her. Does anyone know the book that I am talking about? Thanks! :)

Zunaira Ghazal you can read gallagher girls series by ally carter. or chicagoland vampires series. the first 2 books are annoying but they're just fillers.

no i don't, but tell me if you find out!

Kendal Shaw | 6 comments I read both the books last September and was so sad I had to wait a year for the third! Literally cannot wait until it comes out! And 4 new ebooks from fours perspective and one comes out on my birthday. Really really really excited.

Sharlyn Lam (sharlynlam) | 26 comments I've read this book last year as well and the ending of insurgent just boggled my mind! when the video that Janine tried so hard to prevent Tris from playing was mass broadcasted. Really looking forward to getting my hands on Allegiant and the movie release too!

message 16: by Hong (new) - rated it 2 stars

Hong (zen_strike) | 16 comments I really struggled through Insurgent... just not impressed with it. I geeky like the strengths of Divergent as a nice were lost and left Insurgent just plain boring... The cliffhanger was interesting though. I hope Allegiant is a good finale. Tris is a strong character who deserves a great finish to her story.