Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Under the Dome

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 245 comments So who all is planning on watching the Under the Dome series later this month? It starts 6/24/13. I've been waiting anxiously for it, and hope it will be as good as the book!

message 2: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments I may watch the first episode to see what it's like. The book is OK; maybe the series would be better.

message 3: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 134 comments I'll definitely watch the series, even though I didn't like the book. I can't stop myself.

message 4: by Marc-Antoine (last edited Jun 04, 2013 06:40PM) (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments I thought the book was great, up until the end... Which was what made it all just O.K. I'll also try the series.

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 245 comments I agree on that. I really enjoyed the concept, but it seemed like at the end, he wasn't sure where to go with it, so he just threw an ending in. I was disappointed in that, but really liked the rest. I am generally amazed at King's books, how he can create so many characters, and keep them unique enough that I can keep them straight throughout. Pretty cool!

message 6: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments Agreed.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) It was a good read, but as others have said, the ending is a bit poor. Although I think that is common with King's books, he's a great writer, but doesn't do endings very well.

message 8: by Delmy (new)

Delmy  (needfulreads) Is anyone still watching this? I watched last night, i was so confused, so are we looking at aliens then? All i could think of was "Where's Mulder when you need him?!" I haven't read the book and i know the book is way different than the show, i should get to reading that soon.

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (littlemissred3) | 252 comments Apparently, it was a different dimension they were in, but when Big Jim did what he did, they're all back in the dome.

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) Marc-Antoine wrote: "I thought the book was great, up until the end... Which was what made it all just O.K. I'll also try the series."

I agree.I loved the book until the end.