Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

"The Last Bookshop"

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eolake (new)

Eolake I forget if I got this link on this list, sorry.
But this is a comment to the funny and well-done film The Last Bookshop:

http://ereaderjoy.blogspot.co.uk/2013...

(The film is in the post too.)

Don't watch the movie if you're already writhing with Liberal Guilt about not buying paper books anymore! :-)

It's funny so *strongly* content is identified with bound paper in many minds.

(Hmm, I'm confused, this page insists that this discussion has to be about a specific book. Is this true of all GoodReads discussions?) (I've put Harry Potter, since he was slyly referred to in the short-film.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Buying all those paper books is depleting the tree populations! But I prefer them over electronic copies because I love to dog-ear and re-read.

Taygus yeah, it's annoying how the discussions work in good reads, though, group discussion don't have to be.

Think I'll check out that film.

I love e-books

message 4: by Eolake (new)

Eolake See, I thought I *was* making a group discussion when I started this. Then at the end, I had to append a book.
Next time I'll try to make sure I'm in the group, however that's done.

message 5: by Eolake (new)

Eolake Oooh, Harry Potter, what good books, what?! A pity Hagrid had to die. Or was that Ron? Oh, Spoiler alert! No, not really, hahah.

Tricia Ballad ☢ Catherine ☯ the Psychotic Ninja wrote: "Buying all those paper books is depleting the tree populations! But I prefer them over electronic copies because I love to dog-ear and re-read."

I started buying eBooks when I realized it took me longer to find the book I wanted amongst the piles and bookshelves in my house than I actually had time to read it. And besides, my Kindle is a lot easier to carry than a bookshelf. I find myself reading more, because I always have exactly the book I want in my purse.

Robin I love books. Hard back, paperback and e-book. The e-reader has opened up a lot of new books that I wouldn't have read in the past. If I really love the e-book then I would get it in paper form too. I watched the film on the last bookstore. It's sad but true that a lot of new and used bookstores are going out of business plus libraries are closing. Technology changes everything for both good and bad. Cars were invented now there are no horse and carriages around for transportation.