Children's Books discussion

Themes, Topics & Categories > Favorite Dad Picture Book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda L. (awikstrand) I thought I would get my husband a picture book to read with our son for his first Father's Day. Something glorifying the Dad. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Manybooks (last edited Jun 04, 2013 02:40PM) (new)

Manybooks | 6644 comments Mod
In June 2012, the picture book club read and discussed picture books with fathers/fatherhood as its theme.

Here is a link to the master list and general discussion thread, you might find a book that appeals to you and your husband.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Amanda, Every Friday is a pretty sweet PB. It doesn't glorify the father but emphasizes the closeness between Father and Son.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda L. (awikstrand) Thanks! Sorry if glorify father threw anyone off. I just ment that it supported the father/son relationship. I am sure my son has enough stars in his eyes for his dad.

message 5: by Cheryl, Newbery Club host (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 6094 comments Mod
There are def. some great books on that list Gundula pointed to. It'd be neat to revive that thread, too, if you have any further comments or questions. :)

message 6: by Florence (new)

Florence | 3 comments No Ghost Under My Bed by Guido Van Genechten

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda L. (awikstrand) So many great suggestions. I was trying to keep them all straight and decided to try to make my first list.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/user_vo...

Feel free to add and vote. I ended up getting Knuffle Bunny and The Day I Swapped my Dad for Two Goldfish.

message 8: by Cheryl, Newbery Club host (new)

Thanks - off to check it out!

message 9: by Momo (new)

Momo (momotimetoread) | 20 comments The man who loved boxes by Stephen Michael King is essential reading for all dads.

message 10: by Cheryl, Newbery Club host (last edited Jul 06, 2013 01:25PM) (new)

A Special Kind of Love is the book that shows up - apparently this story was published under two different titles, Momo?

Eta: three titles. Also, Do You Love Me, Dad? is combined with it. Does anyone know for sure if they're all the same book? (to clarify, just because they're all described the same does not mean they really are the same because that field is easily edited by ordinary GR 'librarians')

message 11: by Momo (new)

Momo (momotimetoread) | 20 comments Yes Cheryl it is the same book in Australia where this book was written it is called The man who loved boxes. For the US market our Australian books are often given new titles. The reasons for this fascinate and mystify me. The covers change too.