Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Burned (Pretty Little Liars, #12)
This topic is about Burned
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Burned (Pretty Little Liars #12) by Sara Shepard → Start Date: July 2, 2013

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda | 4366 comments Trisha, Gisbelle, and I are continuing the Pretty Little Liars series.

Feel free to join us :)

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments OMG so excited!!!! I can't believe it.
#12!!!! LOL!

How long do you think this series will keep going?

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments (oh and thx for making the thread :D)

Amanda | 4366 comments Sure, no problem.

I am so excited for this one. I am not sure how long this will go on, we know there will be at least 14. I am thinking they will hit at least 20 books.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 04, 2013 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments 20 was the number in my head too!!
lol! which might the be the AGE of Aria, Emily, Spencer & Hanna by the time we're done!!! :D

message 6: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments LOLOLOL. You guys are so far ahead of our "new" group of PLL readers! I can't wait to find out what happens!

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments do you guys mind if I start this on 7/3??
I want to catch up a little before starting this one :)

Amanda | 4366 comments That's fine with me. I have things I am catching up on too so 7/3 will work better for me.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I need to finish a book first too, so no rush.

Amanda | 4366 comments I have not gotten around to starting this one yet. I am home from work now so I should be able to get some done tonight.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments no worries, I'm not starting for a little while either :)

Amanda | 4366 comments thanks good to know, I don't want to be too far behind :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm just starting too :D And you guys are going to finish before me anyway.

message 14: by Amanda (last edited Jul 03, 2013 07:40PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amanda | 4366 comments These spoilers are through chapter 10.

Aria (view spoiler)

Spencer (view spoiler)

Hanna (view spoiler)

Emily (view spoiler)

Wow, I am not trusting anyone in this so far.

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments first 5 chapters (almost there and then I can click above :D)

OMG, I want to go on their cruse! I mean, not with new A but...ya know, where they are going :D lol

Prologue (view spoiler)

Spencer (view spoiler)

Emily (view spoiler)

Aria (view spoiler)

Hanna (view spoiler)

Jordan (view spoiler)

and I have a bad feeling about this (view spoiler)

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Amanda wrote: "These spoilers are through chapter 10.
Wow, I am not trusting anyone in this so far."

hahah!!! LOL! me either! that is too funny!!!

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Is that Spencer on the cover??
she looks sassy on the back cover. I think that might be a sneer!! LOL

Amanda | 4366 comments I think it is Spencer on the cover.

I know that prologue (view spoiler)

I am also glad that Emily (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4366 comments Finished I have not had time to post for every 5 chapters so these spoilers are through to the end.

Aria (view spoiler)

Spencer (view spoiler)

Emily (view spoiler)

Hanna (view spoiler)

Can't wait to see what is in store for these girls next.

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Okay 15 chapters in
I'm on my phone so I can't mark spoilers but....
SPOILERS*****

I think N might actually be nice
And I think Madison might just be in rehab or AA or something.....

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "Is that Spencer on the cover??
she looks sassy on the back cover. I think that might be a sneer!! LOL"

I think it's Spencer too. She does look intimidating!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I didn't like this one much. I don't know why. It started out pretty interesting. I'd love to be on the cruise too (minus A, of course.) But I thought it was a bit predictable. Like, how many times now that they suspect someone to be A and it turns out that the person is innocent???

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments okay, yay, so it looks like we are all done.

so, what do you guys think?

Did Graham have something to do with the ship blowing up?

He said something about a PICTURE watching them. Any ideas?

and A - do you think it's Ali or a gaggle of people out to get them?

and so A killed Tabitha - Ali then??

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jul 05, 2013 01:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments oh and I'm glad they didn't confess and we have a new way that Tabitha died.

the girls being obsessed about hiding it was about to drive me crazy. I'm hoping they can start getting answers and not be terrorized anymore.

I'd like the next few books to have them making important discoveries on who's doing this to them and the Pretty Liars starting to corner the people who are doing this.
Wouldn't that be awesome, some wins for them? some answers?

message 25: by Amanda (last edited Jul 05, 2013 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amanda | 4366 comments I completely agree Trisha. It was driving me crazy too that they wanted to hide it. I would also like to see more important discoveries on who is doing this and to stop accusing everyone based on coincidences. We shall see.

I am hoping that this series comes to an end soon I like them, but I am ready for a conclusion.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I believe Ali killed Tabitha...and I hate that :( Why the author put all the blames on Ali. Let those girls be the wicked ones once. I thought it was better if Tabitha died because of Aria pushed her.

I'm sick of the accusations over and over again. It's getting old.

We're ALWAYS back to square one. Enough already! I NEED SOME ANSWERS! *shaking fist*

Gisbelle | 27299 comments By the way, when you guys want to read book 13?

Amanda | 4366 comments I am open to whenever works for everyone else. I have the book on hold at my library.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great! Book 14 will be released in December, so I'm cool whenever too.

I've read a review that someone said she started this series when she was in grade 7 and now she's a college sophomore lol...

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Well, if no one objects, I would love to pick a day in August..

Amanda | 4366 comments August is okay with me.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Fine with me too

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments um, is it okay if I wait
looks like I'm moving, so I'll need a few weeks to get settled - after moving across the country - before I know what's going on with the library system and books.
*sigh* I'm going to really miss my library...

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I think we can wait as long as you want Trisha :) Good luck on your moving. I know how frustrating it can be.

Amanda | 4366 comments That is okay Trisha I don't mind waiting. Good luck with moving.

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Thank you!!! I'll let you guys know as soon as I get over there - first stop is the library for a card. stop 2 is barns & noble lol :D