Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) Lover Mine discussion

Muhrder

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I personally liked the part of the book withMuhrder but i also felt that it was unfinished. He seems okay but Xhex who feels so guilty over him doesnt know that really. Also he's unfinished. After this book he is not mentioned in #9 #10 or #11. I would love to see more of him.

Dhfan4life I would like to read more about Muhrder as well. I wished too that she brought him into the actual setting the other brothers were in too. That whole weird thing with the ghost hunters and teaching that one guy a lesson in valuing what he has and all the random sleeping with humans over the years and faking like he is a ghost was just really weird and random.

Claudia the Night Owl The Warden says she'll put him in in future books who knows maybe he'll get his own book someday, *sigh* wishful thinking.

Dhfan4life Ugh. Would be great if she had called him and some of the other older brothers home to help fight too. That would be great too before we get too wrapped up in Trez and Iam's stories. Heck for that matter even the chosen stories too.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree the original Brothers are the ones that should be the main characters. Lately, the books have had less and less of them, and my patience is getting shorter and shorter.

message 6: by Christina (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina I do miss the original Brothers, but I like some of the directions that Ward has taken the series in. I sort of liked the whole Muhrder subplot, but it went pretty much nowhere. I really wish that Ward would do a better job of tying loose ends before introducing completely new and random characters (Sola, I'm talking 'bout you).

Dhfan4life Add Assail in the random character file too.

Christina Dhfan4life wrote: "Add Assail in the random character file too."

Ditto. He came out of nowhere.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG totally. He just appeared and started talking. I'm not really interested in him or his girl. Even Xcor is more interesting than him.

Dhfan4life No kidding. I think she was trying to come up with someone to take Rhevenge's place. But I think she tripped herself up with Assail's character. Particularly with the fact that he has to do drugs to stave off the need to feed. To me that shouldn't be the case if he was a true member of the glymera. I mean if Marissa and Rhev were using each other for that. I would think Assail would have had some connections too for that. So yea to me that and all the cat and mouse stuff with Sola has made me lose major interest in them both.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reaaaaalllllyyy hoping to read murdher's story...hopefully there will be a girl or a guy for him out there rescuing him from his trauma...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Lily wrote: "I am reaaaaalllllyyy hoping to read murdher's story...hopefully there will be a girl or a guy for him out there rescuing him from his trauma..."

oh I hope so! He sounds like a great, intriguing character.

message 13: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara bring on the Murdher book, however, anyone think that him returning to BDB would be a fatal mistake?!? bonded maleness being what it is, it would take nothing short of a miracle to stop a deathmatch...

Dhfan4life Really? I don't see how. When none of the females want him. Be like how it worked out once Butch and Xhex got mated. Sure V didn't like Xhex for a time there. But still.

PNRlover OK, time out. BDB was my 1st PNR series and I love,love,loved it. Since then I've read, IAD, LOTU, Dark Protectors, Alien Huntress, Dragon Kin, Midnight Breed, & Alpha Pack.

I've been saving Lover at Last. Now, after reading the comments about Murdher and Assail I'm thinking I need an entire series re-read before I start it. Murdher sounds familiar but I don't even remember the name Assail. I think all of my series are starting to blend together! When I think back, I really only remember the original brothers and probably can't place them with the correct mates. See, I'm calling them mates like shifters and aren't they shellans or something?

Oh, how can this have happened & where have my brothers gone? Anyone else have a long time between your last BDB book and Lovers at Last? Did it all come back to you as you read or should I go back to beginning? I do remember Blay & Quinn, but how can you forget them!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Carolyn wrote: "OK, time out. BDB was my 1st PNR series and I love,love,loved it. Since then I've read, IAD, LOTU, Dark Protectors, Alien Huntress, Dragon Kin, Midnight Breed, & Alpha Pack.

I've been saving Lov..."

K so REREAD them!!! it will b worth it! Besides theyre the type of books you can reread cuz u find connections in the earlier books that u didnt realize before

PNRlover Yep. I'm thinking "The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide," might be enough to jar my memory of the 1st 6 books. If not, I'm gonna read a few other series I've got on my list and wait as long as possible so I can enjoy them fully again, because it appears I'll forget everything.

How did you think the Fallen Angels series compared?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Carolyn wrote:How did you think the Fallen Angels series compared?

Well i started them because the WARDen wrote them but i didnt like them half as much. In my eyes the characters werent as likable. I basically read the first two in wait for those small glimpses of brothers. The i stopped in middle of the book and i couldnt make myself finish it :( Maybe I'll try again after a little bit.

PNRlover Appreciate the input, seems quite a few people agree with you as those don't seem to have the ratings or followers of BDB. Thanks.

Priscilla TF I can't wait to read more about Muhrder. i love this series and the back stories of all the Original Brothers are awesome. we need more!

Tania Finally we hear a little more of Murhder in The Thief with Saxon visiting him. Hope there is more in the next book.