La Poseurs discussion

Getting Personal > Insecurities.

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Cheyenne (cheylaraine) | 1882 comments Mod
We all have 'em, like it or not. "I'm too ____." "I'm not ____ enough."

They're ridiculous and poisonous, but they're also human. Share your honest/funny/weird/sad insecurities here, so we can laugh at ourselves for being too self-judgmental.

I, personally, wish I was more naturally funny. More conversational and outgoing, too.

message 2: by █║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible (last edited Jun 04, 2013 10:48AM) (new)

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) There are so many insecurities that I've lost count. >.<

message 3: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Ahh, but sometimes you can't help it.

message 4: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 379 comments I wish I could do "small talk" with people.
I just find it so awkward, unnecessary, and weird. Like... I know how you're doing and what you were just doing; why do I need to ask you AGAIN.

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) (view spoiler)

message 6: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

@EJ, I've always not been a fan of small talk. It's pointless. Empty. And whenever I go to church, that's all there is.

@Angel, all of that seems like a skewed perspective belief to me. Something that appears to be true in your own head, but in reality, it's not the case. Honestly, everyone feels like that. You're not a terrible person- I've talked to you on here, and terrible people don't have your compassion.

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) Aw, really? Don't say that now I feel bad. xD

message 8: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

See? A terrible person wouldn't say something like that. :)

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 679 comments My church is full of people who are determined to make everyone feel right at home and comfortable, we have the nicest people ever greeting you at the door with a friendly smile. XD

message 10: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 679 comments I'm too different.

I'm talentless.

I'm impossible to deal with.

message 11: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Different is NEVER a bad thing, in my opinion.

message 12: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

the sound of Autumn | 3132 comments Mod
Chey Chey is right, too many people are trying so hard to be like everybody else. But to me, the people who are weird and different are the best. They're so much more interesting to talk to, and they help you feel better about your own securities because often they've been through the same thing! I used to feel oddly guilty about being different, but once I started embarrassing it, it became something I'm proud of. Screw normality! Be weird! Be crazy! But most importantly of all, just make sure that you are always being you.

message 13: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

the sound of Autumn | 3132 comments Mod
And about being "talentless", well I'm afraid that's just completely false. You have many talents, even if they're small! You see, society makes smaller talents seem unimportant and insignificant, but that's just not true either! Here, what you should do is make a list of anything you're good at. I'll make one as an example!

• I make pretty damn good grilled cheese!
• My oatmeal is the boss.
• As is my banana bread.
• I'm a pretty good writer!
• I like to think I'm okay at giving advice. :3
• My taste in music is quite stellar.

Etc., etc. :)

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) | 712 comments I am really self conscious about my nose... (view spoiler)

And my hair is naturally awkward.... (view spoiler)

And apparently when I'm mad my voice gets really high pitched... (view spoiler)

And I have this skin condition called KP or something.... (view spoiler)

And I feel like I've screwed myself out of a normal social life by being on the internet too much... (view spoiler)

So yeah. I'm just an awkward little self-conscious spaz with a princess complex. I'm just gonna go sit in the corner....

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) Oh whatever Marisa, if it means anything: I think you're beautiful.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) | 712 comments Thanks Angel! *huggles* That means a lot coming from someone as amazing and beautiful as you are! <3

message 17: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 379 comments Ptsh, that's because she is beautiful!
And so are you ANGEL! :D
(I know... I just hardcore creeped on both your profiles and looked at your pics ._. I know all...)

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) Oh yay! People have seen my pictures! xD But like almost every other being I don't think so. But that's okay, now shhh. I don't need to be told it, now who is next?

message 19: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 379 comments Also, you profile picture makes me squirm every time because it looks painful. :3

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) | 712 comments Thank you, EJ *hugs*. About the pictures thing, it's not actually that creepy. (I can't judge. I do the same thing to all of my friends when I'm bored. <3)

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) Yay, xD. It means a lot to me, especially the part where I hate giving someone my trust when all everyone has done is stab me in the back when all I've done was offer.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) | 712 comments i know the feeling, Angel <3

message 23: by Kåiłeē (new)

Kåiłeē (kailee-one-who-hates-cheerios) | 118 comments Im Insecure about my speech (view spoiler) What do I do?!

message 24: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 379 comments For the lack of/excessive excitement, I feel that too. :P
If someone gives me an amazing present or something, I am internally screaming my head off and jumping up and down, but outside, I'm calm and stone-faced and saying thank you.
I'm getting a lot better though because I've been getting more excited about these things. :P

message 25: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

I'm so happy people are commenting :D

Autumn, you DO have a way with advice. My small talents:

I'm okay at graphic design (making book covers)
I make people laugh
I'm good at learning
I'm an okay writer, I hope xD

message 26: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 379 comments I think you can say you are pretty damn good at graphic design if I made your book cover my profile pic. :P

message 27: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Haha :D Thanks EJ. ^_^

message 28: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 21 comments I hate my nose it's huge. And I'm a freaking elephant I'm so fat. My thighs have stretch marks and so I love but hate wearing shorts. And I have this weird thing about if my hair makeup and clothes aren't perfect I feel pig ugly. Which I am anyways but I look worse. Did I mention I'm fat? Like hippo fat.

message 29: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

You forget that I've met you, and you are not a hippo. So you're not a size 2. Everyone has their own shape. It's cliche to say "everyone is beautiful, you are perfect as-is". Cliche or not, though, the only way you can overcome insecurities is leaning how little they actually mean.
No one cares about extra baggage. No one. No one is model skinny, no one feels pretty 100% of the time, and girls who appear "perfect" devote all their time and energy to appearing that way. They lack what real girls have- interests, hobbies, skills, humor

LOVE yourself, and love every bit of yourself because there are a million things to worry about in life, and beauty shouldn't make the cut. Perceive yourself as gorgeous and everyone else will, too. Guaranteed.

message 30: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 379 comments Um, I'm extremely skinny, scrawny thin... and I have stretch marks!
It's perfectly natural to have them. :P
Your skin just doesn't expand at the same rate as all that gorgeous body inside of it. :)

Also, you probably haven't hit your growth spurt just yet. I know that seems generic a bit, but it IS true. One of my friends thought she was overweight, but after a growth spurt, it COMPLETELY evened out and now she actually seems TOO skinny because she grew.

But even if you don't, you're still beautiful! Just use those curves that yo momma gave you. But only use one curve at a time or it might be too much for one man to handle and he'll faint. :)
But remember this:
A beautiful personality can cover up ANY flaw.

message 31: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 21 comments I'm past my growth spurt I'm 17 and haven't grown in ages. I just hate being fat. And this summer no matter what it takes I am going to get skinny.

message 32: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 379 comments First off, I don't even know if you are fat (I highly doubt it in fact).

Second off, EVEN IF YOU ARE, don't feel bad about it, EMBRACE IT! Like I said before, USE IT!
I use my height, random accent, and other stuff to make others laugh. I don't have a problem with it and no one else does either because I sort of beat them to the punch. :P

Tea in Chapter Three (teainchapterthree) I have too many insecurities.

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanienmo) | 75 comments I never come home from ballet feeling confident. I feel like I stand out as being not as good as the other girls, despite practicing all the time. My insecurity is that maybe I can't improve, that I'll never be up to par. I'm not sure I'll make the competitive team next year.

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) I'm useless, I screw everything up. Everyone uses me, I can never be enough for anyone. I am just a figment of entertainment, when will I ever be enough for someone? For example, Abbey calls me asking me to come over when she's bored, what kind of friend is that? I know I can be fun sometimes but I'm not someone you can just call when you need someone because you hate being alone. I am human too. I had to walk home in the rain with no socks on because Abbey enraged me, they asked to give me a ride but how could I when I'm crying my eyes out and covered in rain. I am depressed. For the first time in a long time I'm willing to admit it, I'm mentally unstable.

message 36: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 21 comments I feel like I am always a second choice when it comes to my friends. I feel as though i just bug them and they really just are being nice to me and really don't care.

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) @2-sided, I think everyone feels that way sometimes.

message 38: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 21 comments I know but I mean what if its true?

message 39: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 21 comments I read ur comment angel and I understand how u feel. Nobody calls me unless then want or need something too. It sucks when they only talk to u because there is no one else or nothing better to do

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I do so much for other people and they don't do anything back. I can't help but help them - I feel like sometimes I have to, like to my duty when I know it isn't. Then they all just abandon me when they don't need helping.

Like, I will wait for one friend to finish her Chemistry exam instead of going over to lunch straight away even though I am hungry. And my other 'friends' just go over and eat right away, leaving me alone for an hour while I wait for my other friend. I am the one who is left to wait; it's up to me, automatically, as they don't seem to care how I feel. No one waits for me. What annoys me is I didn't even tell them how I feel, just let them do it again and again.
I can't stand up for myself, but I'm the first to stand up for someone else against a bully. Why am I like that? I'm rubbish at refusing to do something for someone else. I'm an idiot.

What's more, I have quite a bit of acne and one of my friends talks so much about how she hates spots all the time and I can't help but feel just disgusting. It doesn't help that all the pther girls in my year have perfect skin. I try so hard to make it better and I try different remedies and medical things and I wear concealer every day but I just can't forget about it and it just gets me down sometimes.