Audiobooks discussion

Archives > June Is Audiobook Month 2013

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Postel | 22 comments There are so many promotions going on to celebrate JIAM that it's overwhelming to keep up on all the goodies available right now. I'd love to use this topic to collect them all. Sync YA offers 2 free downloads (via Overdrive) every week all summer. Here's all the info.

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna Postel | 22 comments Another must-listen is Going Public in Shorts. Xe Sands leads the way with a new offering each day this month. Today's listen is from narrators John Pruden and Susan Ericksen.

message 3: by David (new)

David Wilson | 87 comments I'm going to gather up some free download codes and do a Crossroad press weekly giveaway, I think. I'll post here once I figure it out.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna Postel | 22 comments Tantor is offering 50% all titles, all formats this month! JIAM

message 5: by MissSusie (last edited Jun 04, 2013 01:25PM) (new)

MissSusie | 1920 comments June 27th I will have narrator Amy Rubinate on my blog (http://www.misssusiesreading.blogspot...) for the Going Public in Shorts Program. So honored Xe asked me to be included.
I will also be interviewing Jeff & Susan from the audiobookjukebox and may be doing something with David too!

Lots of sales going on waiting for Audible to jump on the bandwagon as Donna said Tantor has a great sale!(even for those of us that buy for Overdrive!)

message 6: by David (new)

David Wilson | 87 comments Our books are only with Audible, but we'll come up with something.

message 7: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 1920 comments David wrote: "Our books are only with Audible, but we'll come up with something."

I've gotten review copies and giveaways on audible you just get a gift credit/book.

message 8: by David (new)

David Wilson | 87 comments MissSusie wrote: "David wrote: "Our books are only with Audible, but we'll come up with something."

I've gotten review copies and giveaways on audible you just get a gift credit/book."

Oh, I know. I have to get one up...a giveaway, I mean, for the week. I have already got some codes, but I'd like to spread the genres out and make everyone happy.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Were you the person promoting that scam in the other thread? :P

message 10: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 3 comments I got some Audible codes for my audio books and this summer is also the 5 yr anniversary of my blog, so decided to celebrate. Every Thurs I'm giving away an audio book. I should have enough codes to take me to the end of July.

http://www.paulinebjones.com/BlogWP/s...

message 11: by J. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (new)

J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | 720 comments Jennifer wrote: "Were you the person promoting that scam in the other thread? :P"

Mia seems to have gone away.

Mia, Mia, go away
Spam again some other day

message 12: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (xesands) | 358 comments MissSusie wrote: "June 27th I will have narrator Amy Rubinate on my blog (http://www.misssusiesreading.blogspot...) for the Going Public in Shorts Program. So honored Xe asked me to be included.
I will also be int..."

And I'm so honored that you agreed to participate!

message 13: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (xesands) | 358 comments Figured it best to post this here as well in case folks are up for some more free audio :)

Here is the link to the info page for GOING PUBLIC...IN SHORTS, with the project summary below it. A full schedule of all 38 stories and narrator appearances can be found on this page:

Going Public...in Shorts!

This June, the audiobook community is giving back! Spoken Freely, a group of 38 professional narrators, has teamed with Going Public to celebrate June is Audiobook Month (JIAM) 2013 by offering a serialized audio story collection: Going Public…in Shorts. Each narrator has recorded a short piece from the public domain, including the work of Chekhov, Twain, Chopin, Poe, Lovecraft, Fitzgerald, Joyce, Wilde and many others, even Lincoln’s pivotal Second Inaugural Address. All proceeds will go to the Reach Out and Read literacy advocacy organization.

Throughout June, 1-2 stories will be released online each day via Going Public, as well as on various author and book blogs. Each participating narrator will be hosted by a different blog. As a “Thank you!” to listeners, stories will be available to listen to for free, for one week (online only – no downloads). Please see below for the full release and blog appearance schedule.

In collaboration with Blackstone Audio, stories will also be available for download purchase via Downpour, with the full compilation available beginning June 30th. Cost for individual story downloads will vary based on audio length. All proceeds go directly to Reach Out and Read, an innovative literacy advocacy organization serving more than 4 million children and their families across the nation, with an emphasis on serving those in low-income communities.