The Liberal Politics & Current Events Book Club discussion

activist alerts > petition: Tell Congress to Repeal the Blank Check for Perpetual War

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by scherzo♫ (new)

scherzo♫ (pjreads) | 35 comments "Support HR 198 - Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force - legislation that will reexamine and ultimately repeal the flawed blank check authorization to the President to wage war, anywhere at any time.

Now is the time for the U.S. Congress to repeal the overly broad 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF)."

http://org.credoaction.com/petitions/...

message 2: by Naomi V (new)

Naomi V (naomi_v) | 432 comments thanks for posting this. i had no idea that this was still in force! i thought this was a one-time thing that they did for W.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Stoklasa (victoriastoklasa) | 8 comments I won't tell you guys not to sign this petition, but really, a personal letter or call (or, heck, even a face-to-face visit, if possible) to your congressperson will work a lot better. Making it personalized will make it more real to him or her. You won't be just an unverifiable, faceless name on an internet petition.

Side note: Probably a "well, duh" thing, but make sure the address you put is the one where you're registered to vote!

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 05, 2013 05:01PM) (new)

Signed! Thank you for sharing. I hadn't heard about this bill.