Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

What is your favourite book?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vishalya Pather I know we all have thousands of books which we enjoy but I'm setting the task to yiu to choose one book and which you truely love. Just one booK which you love!!

Shawn Deal To kill a Mocking Bird

Curtis I have two. 1984 is my favorite classic novel. The Time Traveler's Wife is my favorite contemporary novel.

Thomas Bieber The book that completely captured my attention more than any other novel and tore at my soul even on rereading it, was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

Phyllis My favorite book is The education of little tree by Forrest Carter

Jeni Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Phyllis Jeni wrote: "Outlander by Diana Gabaldon"

Outlander would have to be my favorite series. It's the best

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Narrow door at colditz

Savannah The Time Travellers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Just ONE?! Oh, all right, all right...The Last of the Mohicans.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

One! That's hard I do like Sarah Dessen's books.

Nicole Musci Thats hard. I love the Amelia Peabody Series by Elizabeth Peters

message 14: by Jule (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jule definitely the game of thrones series !

message 15: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] The Giver (actually, the whole quartet!)

Philip Borrington Dune by Frank Herbert

(Hello everyone by the way, this is my first post on Goodreads!)

message 17: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby My favorite is The Lord of the Rings because it's such a humorously vast story with immense detail, complicated mastermind plot, great characters, and an awesome writing style.

Audrey I like vampier academy.

SHINY Any Book from the Mortal Instruments series or the Infernal Devices Trilogy

message 20: by Arielle Rae (last edited Aug 05, 2013 02:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arielle Rae Aguilar Asking a bookworm whats their favorite book is like asking a mother who their favorite child is haha

Squidalz Ugh! Hard question! I'm torn between two series. First off, Piers Anthony's Xanth novels because those are the first books I remember reading when I was younger that made me LOVE to read.
But then I also love the DragonLance series by Margaret Wies and Tracy Hickman...and I keep thinking of more books that I love! This is an impossible question! D:

Dennis Billuni Michael Chabon's "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" is a fascinating story, chock full of adventure and legend and some of the most delicious 100-word sentences I've ever read.

Dennis Billuni It's also touch to beat John Irving's "A Prayer for Owen Meany."

Dennis Billuni To say nothing of Caleb Carr's "The Alienist."

Dennis Billuni I can't even say how many times I've read "Dune" and "Stranger in a Strange Land."

Dennis Billuni And there's no way you should miss Austin Tappan Wright's utopian novel, "Islandia."

Dennis Billuni Laura Hillenbrand's story of Louis Zamperini, "Unbroken," is a fabulous true story of the World War II hero scarcely anyone has heard of.

Dennis Billuni Scariest book I ever read: Stephen King's "Pet Sematary."

Dennis Billuni Most fascinating Stephen King: "The Stand."

Dennis Billuni Best Fantasy/Horror: Robert R. McCammon's "A Boy's Life."

Dennis Billuni Funniest: Philip Roth's "Portnoy's Complaint." His best alternative history: "The Plot Against America."

Dennis Billuni Fabulous historical novel about early America: James Alexander Thom's "Children of First Man."

Dennis Billuni Any of James Carlos Blake's novels of American outlaws. Try "In the Rogue Blood" first.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

The Last of the Mohicans.

message 35: by Mika (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mika crime and punishment

message 36: by Alan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alan Jordan To Kill a Mockingbird

Amanpreet PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. FOREVER !!!!!

message 38: by Kat (last edited Jan 15, 2014 05:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat "The Lord of the Rings" (and "The Hobbit) by J.R.R. Tolkien, then "Harry Potter" by J.K. Rowling.