The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments Anyone watching The Fall? Golly, the sexual violence at the end of the latest episode (3rd June) was almost too much to bear. More creepy because the bad guy appears so normal, has a wife, kids. More scary that way than an out and out psychopath - brings it very close to home.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't seen it. What channel is it on, AJ?

message 3: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments I'm in the UK, BBC 2, Monday nights at 9pm - so sorry if you can't get it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I get the BBC. I'll check the listings and find it. Thanks, AJ.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 7922 comments I watched "The Fall" on Netflix. I don't usually like to see (or read) thrillers that include the killer's point of view but I thought this mini-series was well-written and well acted. Goes to show how the regular guy next door can be a vicious psychopath. Gillian Anderson (from the X-files) does a great job as a British detective.

message 6: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments Barbara wrote: "I watched "The Fall" on Netflix. I don't usually like to see (or read) thrillers that include the killer's point of view but I thought this mini-series was well-written and well acted. Goes to show..."

Hi Barbara. Yes - I agree. Very well done series and another series has already been commissioned. GA is suitably dry and deadpan, direction and storyline very good.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone also watching Accused, UK version?

message 8: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments Josiah wrote: "Anyone also watching Accused, UK version?"

Hi Josiah - I've got it recorded and lined up, but not seen it yet. Waiting for the right time. Get the feeling it will be heavy stuff. Have you seen it? Recommend?

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 187 comments A.J. wrote: "Anyone watching The Fall? Golly, the sexual violence at the end of the latest episode (3rd June) was almost too much to bear. More creepy because the bad guy appears so normal, has a wife, kids. Mo..."

What an ending. Sooooo leads to a second series!!!

message 10: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments Yes, Katherine - it has got a second series commissioned, so we can look forward to that!

message 11: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1347 comments Can't find The Fall. Sounds good, though.

message 12: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5323 comments Mod
We have it on Bravo on Sundays in Canada. I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the next one. It's nice to see Gillian Anderson in something.

message 13: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Watched the first episode today on Netflix. Very creepy but very, very good.

message 14: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Finished The Fall yesterday. Excellent series but it did leave a lot of threads hanging. That said, loved the complex characters - good and bad.

Obviously as second series was planned from the beginning.

message 15: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 201 comments Enjoyed the series - not the title as that was what I was going to call my own book. Anyway everything was fine until the last episode no spoilers but very disappointed in the ending

message 16: by Simone (new)

Simone Francois (simonefrncs) | 16 comments Do they ever plan on showing the The Fall on BBC America like they did Broadchurch or is Netflix the only way to see it?