Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver → Start Date: June 6, 2013

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Lizzie, Sami, Kimberly, and I will all be reading..feel free to join!!! :)

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hey guys, when you get to Pandemonium please let me know, I'd love to join you for a BR of that! Enjoy Delirium - it's FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

message 3: by Fernanda (new)

Fernanda García | 25 comments This isn't one of the books I like. It is almost the same as Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras by Scott Westerfeld... Really, it's the same. I hated it because of that, but I have to admit that the ending is freakingly good.
I started reading Pandemonium and so far, it's not interesting at all...
That's just my opinion, of course, but well, enjoy!

Fer

message 4: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Hey guys, when you get to Pandemonium please let me know, I'd love to join you for a BR of that! Enjoy Delirium - it's FREAKING AMAZING!!!!"

Of course! I want to read this whole series soon! It's supposed to be a TV show!

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Fernanda wrote: "This isn't one of the books I like. It is almost the same as Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras by Scott Westerfeld... Really, it's the same. I hated it because of that, but I have to admit that..."

Awh :( Well I can't wait to see if I agree or not!

message 6: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Today's the day! I'm going to start later this afternoon!

message 7: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments :D Starting it now!

message 8: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments I'm up to chapter 7. This book reminds me of the book Matched. But I'm liking it so far, seems like it will be a quick pace. What do you all think???

message 9: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Wheaton (kimberleighwheaton) | 19 comments I'm on chapter twenty-one. It seems I'm in a like/hate relationship with this book. I like the characters but keep getting mired in the long descriptions. End of chapter twenty had me snapping the Kindle shut last night saying WTF...

message 10: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie (lizziebigbooksandgrandelattes) | 31 comments I think I'm on chapter 6. I've been a little busy reading another book. Sorry.

message 11: by Bridget (last edited Jun 07, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

Bridget | 162 comments I agree! I'm just starting chapter 11 and I feel like there is a lot of filler in these paragraphs and it takes so long just to get the important information because of all the descriptions. But I'm still enjoying it and it's a good book!

Lena(view spoiler)

Alex(view spoiler)

Hana(view spoiler)

message 12: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Wheaton (kimberleighwheaton) | 19 comments I like Hana more than Lena too. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Kimberly wrote: "I like Hana more than Lena too. [spoilers removed]"

You read fast girl, i'm only on chapter 17, but i'll try and read faster so we can chat about it!

message 14: by Bridget (last edited Jun 08, 2013 09:54AM) (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Oh my gosh! I just finished! The ending was (view spoiler)
Those last couple chapters just flew by, so good!
I have to read book 2 NOW!