The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Afternoon all!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments I'm a massive fan of mysteries. I'm a new Crime Fiction writer (psychological thrillers), with ebooks on the way, so I hope to tell you about that soon. I've got an Agent and book deals abroad which is very exciting. I'm also a Psychotherapist and I'm fascinated (aren't we all?) by the criminal mind! I worked with ex-offenders in high-security institutions, so I've come face to face with the real thing. My website is aimed at helping new writers and sharing ideas about the creative process. I try to update my blog every week so do check it out sometime. (Google aj waines - I'm the only one).
Hope to chat to many of you soon!
Cheers
Alison

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Alison. Pleasure to meet you and welcome to the group.
Congratulations on being a published author. I love psychological thrillers.
Psychotherapist...now that must be one interesting career. I'm fascinated by the criminal mind. I've studied Bundy, Dahmer, Gacy and more. I love the art of profiling, it fascinates me.
High-security institutions...amazing. I'm sure you have tons of stories to tell about that.
I think it's very generous that you're helping new writers, since I am one.

I hope we chat again soon, too.

Cheers

Kyle

message 3: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments Thanks Kyle. I'm pretty new to all this, but I started a blog in March with a mix of tips and ideas about writing and creativity in general. I hope there might be something useful there. www.ajwaines.co.uk. What kind of writing do you do?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You're very welcome, Alison. I'd be thrilled to check out your blog. Being a budding writer, I can use all the tips I can get.

I write poetry, plays, and am currently working on my first novel:

Season Of The Stranger by Kyle (Special K Rebel Leader)Forrest Season Of The Strangerby Kyle (Special K Rebel Leader)Forrest Kyle (Special K Rebel Leader)Forrest
I have a published author and her editor guiding me. But it's a slow process with me.

message 5: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments Glad you're getting some good guidance/support. I notice you're a King fan - it was reading his book 'On Writing' that got me started. I had a go at a short story and couldn't stop. Good luck with everything.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It certainly has helped me a great deal. I'm a huge King fan. I want to read 'On Writing'. Thank you!

message 7: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments See my Blog - I've just mentioned you! and Stephen King.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Me? Thanks! I'll read it now.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Great blog, Alison. I didn't see my name mentioned. Where should I look?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Found it. I'm honored that you gave me a mention, Alison.

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth | 408 comments Welcome, Alison, from a fellow mystery writer!

message 12: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 95 comments Hi there, Beth. Thanks for getting in touch. I see from your profile that you've been a keen whitewater enthusiast. I, too, love writing about water and 'river' settings. My first book (not out yet) is set in London (UK) about deaths under the London bridges, although I'm not used to getting so close to the water itself, like you! Your profile is very impressive.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Testy McTesterson (other topics)