Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Need video clips for book trailer

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Peltier | 71 comments I'm working on a book trailer for my 2nd novel, and I know exactly how I want it to look and sound. But I need some very specific video clips and DON'T want to pay for them. The free sites I've found so far don't have what I need, and I can't seem to download a clip from flickr creative commons. Any suggestions? Thanks!

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Hartwell | 40 comments Does anybody know a good audio book producer? I have a novel with various foreign accents.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina George (christinageorge) | 16 comments Hi, I did two book trailers for my books (links below) and I ended up paying for the video. But I reused some of it for the two clips as you'll see. I only spent $100 on footage for each, so it's not much. The free sites aren't great, as you mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r90INx...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc6k-9...

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 15 comments This may sound obvious, but can you shoot the video yourself?

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina George (christinageorge) | 16 comments Yes, you can. Just grab your phone or whatever and start shooting. There are tons of programs that will let you clean up the video if it's shaky, etc. There's a little-known program I used to do this video, it's the Microsoft movie creator - similar to the one that's on a Mac.

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 15 comments Thanks, Christina, for the tip. I actually was asking Heidi if she could shoot the video she was looking for herself. :) I've found that often when I'm looking for photos for a blog post or something similar, looking through my own, or even taking a new one, fits the bill better than anything I find on the web.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Peltier | 71 comments I recruited my two boys today to do some "off-roading" on location shots today. It won't look exactly like the jungle I was hoping for since the nearest jungle is a few thousand miles from here. But hopefully nobody will be too picky about it! :)