Aussie Readers discussion

The Goodbye Ride
This topic is about The Goodbye Ride
Our Authors Spotlight > Lily Malone

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments If ever there was a time for me to 'out' myself in an Author Spotlight, it's this week.
I am not a winter person, and yet for some reason I've chosen to set both the books I've written, His Brand Of Beautiful and The Goodbye Ride, in the Australian winter.
Both books start with events in late May/early June.
If you happened to be reading His Brand Of Beautiful in 'real time' tonight, Tate and Christina would be settling into their tent under the stars, up in the far reaches of a cattle station in Outback South Australia. (Who am I kidding... they don't 'settle in' to this tent, they darn near burn it up...)
My new novella, The Goodbye Ride, is also set this week. Being a far shorter work (32,000 words), it is short and sweet and it's set against the backdrop of the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend in south-east Australia. That, friends, is this coming weekend, June 8-10. Olivia and Owen first meet on Thursday 6/6 when they each discover that the other has designs on a Ducati motorbike they've seen for sale in a front yard of an Adelaide Hills town.
So The Goodbye Ride is another you can read in 'real time' right now. If that sounds like fun to you, please look for the book exclusively at Amazon. It's on sale for the long weekend... a birthday present fit for a Queen!
Thanks for taking the time to learn a little about my work.
Lily M

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 67677 comments Mod
His Brand of Beautiful

I just finished The Goodbye Ride last night Lily, and I loved it! Well done:)

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments Brenda wrote: "His Brand of Beautiful

I just finished The Goodbye Ride last night Lily, and I loved it! Well done:)"

Oh! Wonderful news Ms Prolific Reader and Goddess of everything Goodreads... Thank you!

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

:)

message 5: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments If you've read The Goodbye Ride. Perhaps you'd like to vote for it on the list below?

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/34...

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments The Goodbye Ride now has more reviews and more ratings than my debut novel, His Brand Of Beautiful. Tate and Christina are feeling a tad jealous!

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

That's good news about The Goodbye Ride Lily! Congratulations...I'm sure His Brand of Beautiful will catch up:)

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments Better late than never, I now have a Facebook page. Come and 'like' it, and find out things no one knows about me, and lots more about my books.
http://www.facebook.com/lily.lilymalone

Sharon | 4317 comments I just liked your page Lily. Looking forward to finding out more about you :)

message 10: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments Sharon wrote: "I just liked your page Lily. Looking forward to finding out more about you :)"

Hi Sharon! Thank you for taking the trouble to visit my FB page... I love the daisies on your FB profile.
I used to love gardening (I still love gardening) but I've found since I had kids something had to give. I can't garden, and write... the writing bug bit hard and that's what I do in the hours outside work & family and 'life'...
I've seen you here on Goodreads in the various forums and I look forward to chatting and keeping in touch, too.

Cheers
Lily M

Sharon | 4317 comments Hi lily I also like gardening but I don't get out there as much as I would like. And the same goes with reading. Not enough hours in the day . I also look forward to chatting and catching up with you.

message 12: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments It's my birthday Friday, but I'm planning a present for readers... I'm making my novella, The Goodbye Ride, free at Amazon for two days, on 5/7/2013 and 6/7/2013 (timezones willing).
If you have friends you think might like TGR, please feel free to recommend it!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Goodbye-Rid...

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

You could put that in the Giveaway folder too Lily... http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_... Make your own thread with the dates at the top so it will stand out:)

Happy birthday for Friday!

message 14: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments Hi Brenda
Thanks for the wishes!
You are such a Goodreads expert. I find this site dreadfully clunky to navigate. (My own fault - no one else)... it always takes me forever just to find this thread for my author page ;)
I will wait till the freebie dates but will hunt out that folder!

Ciao
Lily M

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hey Lily...bookmark it;) x

message 16: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments Brenda wrote: "Hey Lily...bookmark it;) x"

Oh now Brenda! That would be too easy! :)

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hahaha!!!!!

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Tyley (vickityley) | 1732 comments I love that you set your books in winter. From the emails and comments I receive, a lot of people overseas think we enjoy a perpetual summer. How boring would that be? :)

P.S. A happy belated (very) birthday!

message 19: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments Vicki wrote: "I love that you set your books in winter. From the emails and comments I receive, a lot of people overseas think we enjoy a perpetual summer. How boring would that be? :)

P.S. A happy belated (ver..."

Hi Vicki - thanks for visiting. I'll have to think about the idea of a perpetual summer! I think I'd vote for that if I could. I do love the warm weather!
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Cheers
Lily M

message 20: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Not perpetual summer...no, no, no!! lol

I'd be happy with perpetual autumn or spring though;)

message 21: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone | 100 comments Spring and autumn are nice too. But I definitely choose spring. In spring you still have summer to come... in autumn, winter is always just around the corner.

message 22: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha! Yes, that's logical Lily...but my ideal world would be no summer and no winter...so it would be ok to have autumn;)