Lexington Reads discussion

And the Mountains Echoed
This topic is about And the Mountains Echoed
group reads > "And the Mountains Echoed" by Khaled Hosseini

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bobby (last edited Jun 05, 2013 05:51AM) (new)

Bobby | 72 comments Mod
We had 3 breakaway winners for our summer book poll...so let's read all three of them! We will dedicate a month to each title, which will almost take us into fall. Have a wonderful summer everybody!

message 2: by Bobby (new)

Bobby | 72 comments Mod
Here is the link to an interview that Goodreads recently did with Khaled Hosseini. Enjoy!

http://www.goodreads.com/interviews/s...

message 3: by Kit (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit Excellent interview! :D I like Kite Runner, loved Thousand Splendid Suns..can't wait to read Mountains!!! :D I # 11 on hold!!!!!

Any one else started yet?

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (goodreadscommary_edwards) | 10 comments Any idea when the libraries will get more copies of And the Mountains Echoed? Looks like a good one. (Shamefully) I still haven't read Khaled Hosseini's first books but the new one and older ones as well look excellent. Kinda tough buying hardback but I'd like to start reading it.

message 5: by Bobby (new)

Bobby | 72 comments Mod
We have many more copies on order, but I can't tell you for certain when they will arrive. It should be soon, so I would go ahead and place a reserve if you haven't already. The waiting list is currently around 150 people, and we typically order enough copies so that we have about 1 copy for every 3 requests. It's hard to keep up with a title this popular, though!

message 6: by Kit (last edited Jun 11, 2013 05:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit The Friends of the Library sometimes has new copies of books. I have found new books at Half Price Bookstore, also. They have two stores in Lexington now-Hamburg and Nicholasville Rd. You might get lucky and find it on coupon day (sometimes 50% off-great buy for hardbacks). I know I have seen A Thousand Splendid Suns there. I found a new copy of Maeve Binchy's,A Week in Winter at our book swap.

message 7: by Kit (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit I checked out And the Mountains Echoed. Fourty-five pages into the book, I'm loving it. Think this may be his best one yet!

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary (goodreadscommary_edwards) | 10 comments Thanks for all the good info. I didn't know there was a Half Price Bookstore on Nicholasville Rd.

message 9: by Kit (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit Mary wrote: "Thanks for all the good info. I didn't know there was a Half Price Bookstore on Nicholasville Rd."

You're most welcome. :D Happy hunting! Maybe we will cross paths!

message 10: by Kit (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit I'm on page 250! Its a "must read!" Wish we could have a library or coffee shop discussion with some of the group. Anyone up for it?

I think I may have to buy all his books now, esp. these last two!!!

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary (goodreadscommary_edwards) | 10 comments Yes! I do have to get a copy of the book and read it though. LOL.

message 12: by Bobby (new)

Bobby | 72 comments Mod
Another interview with Khaled Hosseini, this time from American Libraries:

http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine....