Creative Reviews discussion

Author Resources > Horror Reviews

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Crow (mariefcrow) | 4 comments Good Morning!

As an Indie horror author, I know the sometimes difficult time the books can have to seek reviews and blog spots verses other styles. I want to change that.

I have clawed and kicked and even bit to get my books exposure in a world where erotica and YA is becoming preferred. I am offering to read and review other horror authors to help our books receive the exposure they deserve in exchange for reviews of whichever book of mine I am focusing on at the time.

Having another author post a review is more beneficial than normal reviewers because our name holds weight in the reading world. We also understand better the damage a negative review can do and some of the silly reasons someone gives a negative review. An example would be, the book is not what someone prefers to read, although there is nothing *wrong* with the book, but the reviewer gives it a one star. That one star was not deserved, but it is now forever there.

If you are a horror author, and want a honest, positive review of your art I will be happy to help. Please send me a message here on Goodreads and I will be in touch.

Sugar and Spice and Everything Dies Twice,
Marie F Crow
(Any grammar mistakes I blame on the lack of coffee!)

The Risen Dawning (Book 1) by Marie F Crow The Risen Margaret by Marie F Crow

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) I would be interested Marie. My own book is gothic horror and so I find it hard to find my niche audience. This is my book: Eyes Like Blue Fire by Amanda M. Lyons

you can reach me at: nightshade44637@gmail.com

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie Crow (mariefcrow) | 4 comments Hello Amanda,

I have one book before yours and then I will be in touch. I look forward to helping!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Thanks :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Marie,

I will PM you my email (Do not like to have it too public) I'd love to help you out, with an honest review. If you'd like to take a look at mine anytime just email me for the link.

Cheers Dee

message 6: by Mike (new)

Mike Zimmerman | 7 comments Marie,

I am very interested in a review for my book, Dracula's Apprentice.

I would be happy to help you out in any way that I can.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Robertson (michael2402) | 1 comments I'm interested in this also. I have a 30K word novella and I'm happy to do a read and review swap with anyone who's interested. My book can be quite dark in places. I'm guessing it's hard to shock horror writers though.

Please contact me if anyone's interested.

Michael.

message 8: by Mike (new)

Mike Zimmerman | 7 comments Anyone looking for some exposure, I found this.

Good news everyone! Dracula's Apprentice is currently featured over at goodebooks.net! If you ‎#read, check out all the ‎#ebooks they have listed! If you ‎#write, check them out to get your ‎#book listed as well. ‎#vampire fans unite!

http://www.goodebooks.net/moreread.html

message 9: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Barnett | 2 comments This is a really wonderful idea. My novel won't be coming out for awhile (it's being looked at by an editor right now) but I'd love to help people out in the meantime, as I know I will definitely need reviews in the near future.

Anyone who's looking for a review, feel free to message me here or email me at dbhfiction@gmail.com

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (unchangeling) | 11 comments Testing, testing...

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber (unchangeling) | 11 comments Weird, I posted a comment, but it said there was a problem and it didn't post. Frustrating.

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (unchangeling) | 11 comments Marie, since your original post was over a year ago, I wanted to check in and see if you were still open to a review swap. Like yours, my book deals with the more personal, true horror of re-rising dead, rather than the over-adrenaline, super-fast modern zombie stories. Let me know if you're interested in discussing a swap.