Just After Sunset Just After Sunset discussion

willa

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Jun 04, 2013 05:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

John "willa", the kick-off, is one of the most wistful, poignant stories i have ever read. maybe not everyone agrees, i don't really care, but the invisible ghost couple due to be married when the train wrecked, dancing forever in the saloon to an invisible band is one of the loveliest, saddest things ever.

John John wrote: ""willa", the kick-off, is one of the most wistful, poignant stories i have ever read. maybe not everyone agrees, i don't really care, but the invisible ghost couple due to be married when the train..."

rest was okay but i think i'll remember that one in perpetuity.

Agne I thought that one was very good too. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I liked that they chose to recognize that staying with the rest would be awful, especially when they can choose to be in a much better place. Regardless of the fact that they're dead, they still have those wonderful moments together. If I had to choose a place to get stuck in between like that I would choose to be like them and how great that they have each other to share it with! :)

James Paul Willa is one of the most beautifully-sad short stories I have ever read. Remembering it still gives me chills. Perfect placement in the collection. If I were Stephan King I would've made the same choice in making Willa the opening story.

D.A. Cairns Willa was all right, but I really liked the Gingerbread Woman, and Stationary Bike was a very cool idea, well executed by the master author.

Gerd Felt lukewarm about "Willa", the idea has something, but King is too much of a realist to make it sound romantic - honestly, none of his Characters are people you would want to spend the rest of eternity with.

"Stationary Bike" was fun, liked "Gingerbread Girl" as well.
"N." I think was the most effective of the stories.

"Harvey's Dream" did have a chilling end, but it took him too long to get to the point, and I really couldn't stand that couple.