Debate > Creationism or Evolution?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are your beliefs on this?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Very complicated.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My beliefs are a mix of both ideas, so my belief is kinda complicated on the matter.

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 54 comments Evolution is kinda silly. :p

message 5: by Danyele (new)

Danyele Johnson | 3 comments I think it's like the nature versus nurture debate. People are now calling it, nature via nurture. And just like that, I think it's a combination both creationism and evolution. Because there is evidence of both evolution and intelligent design.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, they're not mutually exclusive concepts.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

But evolution is a pretty far-fetched idea too. Science is actually in favor of there being God and Heaven. Why else do you think 40 men would be inspired to write the Bible? It's not just some cute little story they decided to come up with.
Creation all the way. No evolution involved, just plain, straight creation. Obviously, there's such thing as natural selection where something can adapt to their surroundings, but not something like monkeys turning into humans, even over 'millions' of years. There is tons of proof that the earth is only thousands of years old, not millions. I would write down all of the evidence, but there isn't enough time for me to do it right now. I will make sure to do that some time this week.

For those who think there's kinda a mixture of creationism and evolution, obviously things adapt a little to their surroundings, like if a person in warm climates move to a place with very cold weather, over time, their blood will thicken to help keep them warm, and vice versa if they live in a cold place and move to a warmer place.

Anyhow, for those who think there is a combination, who created earth and all of its inhabitants?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, in my belief I believe that God created the world, of course, but I don't agree that God created the world in literally six days because of a statement in the Bible which can prove otherwise. Other than that, my beliefs are practically the same as every creationist (if that's what you call people who believe in creationism, lol). I just don't believe that God created the world in six days, but maybe in several thousand years yes.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Where in the Bible does it say that God didn't create the world in six days?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, it doesn't say that he didn't create the world in literally six days, but 2 Peter 3:8 kinda adds sense to the statement if you know what I mean.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Point made. :D

If that is true (which, since it's the Bible, should be reliable), then that means the world is roughly 12 thousand years old. But the Bible says that God created everything. What evolved six thousand years before time became a reality?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

Well, I believe that God made everything there is on this planet. Maybe He just let His Creation come about slowly. Not necessarily like poof! You're here. Just like it takes nine months for a baby, I'm certain it could've taken several thousand years to make this entire world. I kinda feel sorry for God. We hurt Him so much when He made this place just for us, and He even made another place where we can all enjoy His Presence! And then all we do is hurt Him. :(

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe that too, I don't think God just snapped His fingers and everything sprang up.
On a side note, I'm always astounded at the sheer detail of creation...everything is so perfect, everything fits together. I know what you mean, Tiny Alien, we people really mess things up.

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 03, 2013 03:04PM) (new)

Well, we don't KNOW what happened you know. I'm very open-minded, but obviously God is powerful enough that He COULD create it all just by snapping His fingers. But He could have also very well taken tons of time to create the world to show how much He loves us. You never know. But you know, I think that everyone should be open-minded for new ideas, but when something directly defies the Bible, reject it. Immediately with no question.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

True, a very good point! My grade 8 teacher once said, "If you accept that God exists, then you must accept that He can do whatever He wants." lol

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Very true, Crazy! Very excellent point. I don't completely reject the idea that God could've created the world in six days because maybe He actually did and neither do I reject the fact that God might've decided to create the world in a million years because maybe He actually did. I think God cares mainly that we believe that He created the world and that none of our beliefs go against Him in any way, shape, or form. :)

message 17: by Candace (new)

Candace (readingfool1993) | 28 comments Creation ^_^

message 18: by Candace (new)

Candace (readingfool1993) | 28 comments And I do believe Creation in six literal days.
"God said it, I believe it, that settles it" :)
A little saying that has so much truth in it. =)

message 19: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Holloway (ch35) | 1 comments Candace wrote: "And I do believe Creation in six literal days.
A little saying that has so much truth in it. =)"

Me too!!!!! :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

That's cool! :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Candace wrote: "And I do believe Creation in six literal days.
A little saying that has so much truth in it. =)"

Actually, I prefer to alter the saying to say, "God said it, that settles it." It doesn't matter whether or not we believe it! :D

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

XD True true!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

read the Bible. the first book, no the first sentences. talk about how God spoke and life was created all He has to do is say "Let their be light" and there was light. how can you argue with that. its the Truth = >!!!!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Those first few lines of the Bible are among my favorites. So beautiful.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

yeahhh mine too!:)