What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. book about living in abandoned subway stations and under the golden gate bridge?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Do (new)

Do Hee | 19 comments hi! I'm looking for the title of a book about a girl living in the underground subway system. I remember that she woke up to a view of the golden gate bridge and I think there was a magic element to the story too. any help would be appreciated thanks!

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Valiant ? Though thats New York...

message 3: by Gabs (new)

Gabs  | 127 comments Maximum Ride has a part where the kids sleep in the subway systems, and they are 1% bird, so maybe that could be the fantasy element you were thinking of?

message 4: by Do (last edited Jun 04, 2013 06:42PM) (new)

Do Hee | 19 comments Unfortunately, both books are not what I was looking for. But they both do sound like fun! Thank you for your inputs :)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Do you remember anything else? Names,year you read it,cover etc?

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) On the theme, but not your book, is Slake's Limbo: 121 Days.

I assume the mystery book is probably YA?
When do you think it might have been written, or when did you read it?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 31555 comments Mod
The Millennial Sword by Shannon Phillips?

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
There is a short story set in the Kat and Bones world (aka Night Huntress Halfway to the Grave is the first in the series)that has a vampire living in an abandoned subway tunnel, in, I think California--but not sure if it was somewhere that she'd see the GGB. She eventually leaves it after saving--and turning--a guy she falls in love with. (Sorry, I can't find the anthology that it's in, which is frustrating.) It IS only a short story/novella, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Devil to Pay finally found it--NOT in an anthology, but as a novella that I bought on my Nook. I KNEW I'd find it if I just kept looking. So, if you read it on a Kindle or a Nook--this COULD be the story you are looking for.

message 10: by Do (new)

Do Hee | 19 comments Some more details about the book is that the girl was a teen and the setting was very modern times. Oh! And I remember that she was scared that there were mole people living in the tunnels too? Sorry I can't provide more :( I read this book I think in 2006

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37385 comments Mod
Do, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 12: by Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (last edited Apr 24, 2014 08:25PM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) I was gonna say Modern Faerie Tales trilogy

message 13: by Do (new)

Do Hee | 19 comments Still looking for the book and while they seem interesting I don't think it's one of the Modern Faerie Tales trilogy books

message 14: by Merrilee (new)

Merrilee (jrsygrl626) | 189 comments Modern Faerie books take place in New York/New Jersey so they're definitely not it. They're very good books though. Tithe, Valiant and Ironside for the links if anyone is interested.

message 15: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Here's a bump for summer. Come back in a couple months and bump it again, ok?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking, Do?

message 17: by Etta.n (new)

Etta.n | 93 comments Downsiders maybe???

message 18: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking, Do?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.