What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Finnikin of the Rock
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SHELVED - book set in a land divided by magic; the capital cannot be entered because of a magical invisible wall [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Do (last edited Jun 04, 2013 03:48AM) (new) - added it

Do Hee | 19 comments hi! this book has been bothering me for ages and I can't seem to find the title of it! anyways I think it starts with a little girl and a little boy playing in the woods. I believe the girl is a little princess and the boy turns to her and says that he'll always protect her or something like that. then bells start to ring and something bad happens so that the two of them are separated and they are no longer able to enter the castle because a magical barrier has been risen. the boy's mother and father are separated because of the barrier and i think something bad happens to the mother? the story fast forwards several years where we follow the boy climbing some huge stone thingie to reach a monastery to find a mute monk who is supposedly "the key." as the story progresses, they fall in love and catch a thief who they don't kill but take along. they also come to some kind of hidden fortress full of soldiers lead by I think the boy's uncle? they travel to the blocked off capital but in the process cross some weird lands where the boy is hit by poison arrows and such but the leader of the tribe heals him. (view spoiler) I think I read this about 7 years ago and this is all I can remember of the story. I hope someone here can take me out of my misery and tell me what book this is^^ thanks!

message 2: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle | 152 comments The part about the capital being held in a magical wall and the two parents being separated by it sounds like Talking to Dragons the fourth in the Forest Chronicles series. I've read the first three but not this book but the events of the 3rd book set up the fourth book and involve what I mentioned above.

message 3: by Jaina (new) - added it

Jaina Rose (ireadtilldawn) | 52 comments Oh my goodness, The Forest Chronicles series is this series I haven't been able to find in a REALLY long time! I was literally planning on making a thread looking for it. So thanks Danielle, even though this wasn't what you set out to find. :)

message 4: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle | 152 comments Oh you're welcome! I'm so glad I could help you! ^-^
I hope this is the OP's book too since the part I know of really does sound right.

message 5: by Do (new) - added it

Do Hee | 19 comments Unfortunately, Talking to Dragons doesn't seem to be the book I was looking for. But I'm glad the post was able to help someone else :) and I would love to start reading this series as it sounds fun :D I guess I'll have to wait a bit more for the mysterious name to be revealed!

message 7: by Do (new) - added it

Do Hee | 19 comments Oh my goodness! You are a lifesaver!! Finnikin of the Rock was exactly what I was looking for :D *leaps for joy* I was searching for ages for the title thank you so much! And also thanks to all who tried to help :)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments There are sequels, too.