RJ Reads (Reproductive Justice Book Club) discussion

Local Reading Groups > Boston/Cambridge

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hudson | 8 comments Hey Boston-Cambridge-JP folks,
I'm looking for people who are interested for an in-person RJ Reads group. Feel free to email me at sbhudson108@gmail.com and let me know if you're interested.
-Sarah

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments Sarah, that's almost exactly what I was just about to post! Let's get a group started :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments I want in! Is this going to be a Sarah-only book club?

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hudson | 8 comments The quarter ends at the end of this month and current read is "Killing the Black Body" by Dorothy Roberts. I would definitely be up for meeting towards the end of the month. Or, if we don't think we can make it happen for this book/quarter, we should definitely do it for the next book. And, yes, it would see to be Sarah-exclusive so far :)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments I'm not sure I can get the reading done by the end of the month, but if you schedule something, I will try to make it.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments I'm with Sarah (oh dear, this could get confusing!) - up for meeting this month but not sure I can get the book read so soon.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hudson | 8 comments Since it is a quarterly thing, there's no reason we couldn't meet sometime in July (or really, anytime before the end of the next quarter) to discuss the current book. I'm totally flexible!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments I just requested the book from the library. I think a late June/early July meeting would be good. I think we can discuss the book even if we haven't all read every word. At a cafe? A bar? A library? The office of a reprojustice organization?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hudson | 8 comments Awesome! I agree that reading it cover-to-cover isn't a prerequisite for discussion. I've created a Doodle for mid-to-late July:

http://www.doodle.com/ren54f7biu7imegc

I'm open to suggestions on where to meet.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hudson | 8 comments So, it looks like the date the works best for the 3 of us who have been most vocal on this thread is Sunday, July 21 at 3pm. I am going to close the Doodle and "declare" that our meeting time. I'm in the process of finding a space for us to meet (open to suggestions) and once that's in place, I'd like to make a Facebook event, so hopefully others, who maybe weren't on this thread, will join up as well.

message 11: by Chrislene (new)

Chrislene I want to come!!! What book are we reading?

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hudson | 8 comments Hey Chrislene! The current book is "Killing the Black Body" by Dorothy Roberts. I really hope you'll join us on 7/21 at 3pm (location TBD).

message 13: by Chrislene (new)

Chrislene Sounds good! I look forward to hanging out with you all

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments It's on the calendar!

I wonder if we could meet at the cambridge public library? Apparently they have community rooms. Anyone willing to investigate?

http://www.cambridgema.gov/cpl/Servic...

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hudson | 8 comments Hey Sarah! Thanks for looking into this but I've actually found us a space at the Democracy Center in Cambridge. I also set up a Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/54563...

Please invite other people you think might be interested.