Superheroes and Comic Book Club discussion

Comic and Superhero Books > July 2013 Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 785 comments Mod
I thought I'd get this out early to get ahead of the curve.

What do you think about voting on the type of book first? That might narrow down our book nominations (and maybe make it easier to pick).

I left out short stories since we've just done a couple of those.

Let me know what you think. And please vote!

July 2013 Genre Poll

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven Morton | 181 comments I thought it was a good idea Jim; with voting on the genre it makes it easier for each us to decide if we want to read the genre book that is decided by the poll or not.

message 3: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Thanks! If it works out well, we'll try this method for a while.

message 4: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (last edited Jun 10, 2013 01:24PM) (new)

So - nonfiction it is!

Any nominations? I'll keep them open until Friday, 14 June. That way we can spend the next week voting and have over a week left in June advertising out next book of the month.

If you're at a loss, I have some on our bookshelves:

Superhero Nonfiction
Comic Book Nonfiction

But feel free to nominate anything not on those shelves. (I've tried to make those shelves as comprehensive as possible - so please message me if you know of any comic book or superhero nonfiction that's not on either of those shelves, and I'll add them.)

message 5: by Steven (new)

Steven Morton | 181 comments Jim wrote: "So - nonfiction it is!

Any nominations? I'll keep them open until Friday, 14 June. That way we can spend the next week voting and have over a week left in June advertising out next book of the mo..."

I hope the Larry Tye book wins, I already have the book on my nightstand but have not read it yet.

message 6: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Steven wrote: "Jim wrote: "I hope the Larry Tye book wins, I already have the book on my nightstand but have not read it yet. "

Does that mean you're nominating Superman: The High-Flying History of the Man of Steel? :)

message 7: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Hey - we need some nominations! We only have a couple more days!

message 8: by Steven (new)

Steven Morton | 181 comments Jim wrote: "Steven wrote: "Jim wrote: "I hope the Larry Tye book wins, I already have the book on my nightstand but have not read it yet. "

Does that mean you're nominating Superman: The High-Flying History o..."

I sure am nominating the book, be glad to read it.

message 9: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Castiglione | 1 comments I have to say Maus is one of my favorite non-fiction comics of all time.

message 10: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Joseph wrote: "I have to say Maus is one of my favorite non-fiction comics of all time."

I can't believe I started that and never finished it.

I'd take that as a nomination, but we're focusing on non-fiction prose (which you can probably tell :) ).

message 11: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Looks like we'll be reading Superman: The High-Flying History of the Man of Steel !