Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Coffee Corner > Lookling for a book.....

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wilma (last edited Jun 03, 2013 06:56PM) (new)

Wilma Gillespie (dizzybrat1981) | 6 comments I'm looking for the title and author of a book I read and sadly lost the book. Here's what I remember....

A young woman goes to her father's estate and have flashbacks of her sister running away and "dying" and the night her parents fought and her mother took her and left, her unknown "nephew" is sneaking around in the attic but offers during the day to help around the estate, Her neighbor is being friendly and finds out her sister is alive and her neighbor's brother is the one who raped her sister and tried to kill her and later on said neighbor's brother offs himself. She reunites with her sister and falls for her neighbor.

The book cover is white with some kind of white house (almost like a mansion).......

That's all I remember. There's more to the book and it was a great read.

Thanks

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments I don't know the book, but I hate when this happens! It has happened to me before too! Good luck!

message 3: by Wilma (new)

Wilma Gillespie (dizzybrat1981) | 6 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Do you think you might know about what year or decade it was published? I'm doing some searches to see if I can find it.

message 5: by Wilma (new)

Wilma Gillespie (dizzybrat1981) | 6 comments It was in the 1990s that's all I remember. its driving me nuts trying to remember lol.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) I'm a fan of gothics so I might be able to help. Let me see what I can dig up.

message 7: by Wilma (new)

Wilma Gillespie (dizzybrat1981) | 6 comments Awesome!

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) This is a tough one to dig up! Are there any other details you can think of?

message 9: by Wilma (new)

Wilma Gillespie (dizzybrat1981) | 6 comments I remember the eldest brother (the one who killed himself near the end of the book) tried to run her sister off the road cuz she was pregnant with his child after he raped her in Macon, Ga....I remember the storyline clearly but not the title nor the author...lol...so frustrating.

message 10: by Wilma (new)

Wilma Gillespie (dizzybrat1981) | 6 comments Has anyone had any luck with this one? I'm still racking my brain....