Horror Aficionados discussion

Graphic Novels > Does anyone know a good artist?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Brehmer | 33 comments I wasn't sure if this should go here or in author promotion, but I am working on a new comic and I need someone for the art. Totally non-committal. Either for a cover or for the full first issue. I'm not looking for anything past that right now (although I've written far past that) I just want something visual. Just for this singular issue to get the idea across and finally make this passion project, one that is very dear to my heart, a reality.

The comic is titled BITCHFIGHT. It's about an all-girl Catholic school that is secretly a training facility for girls with supernatural powers. I've become more attached to these characters than possibly any others that I've written and I'm officially beyond the point of waiting patiently for something to happen. I need to get this comic out to people. Yes, there are strong women in comics but there are far from enough. I want to present a group of ass-kicking young women who's costumes don't consist entirely of strategically placed armor and a thong. BITCHFIGHT is a silly concept and it is a silly title but it is also something very, very important to me.

If anyone is interested in reading the script, mentioning it to artist friends, or if anyone even happens to be an artist themselves, then please let me know. And thanks just for reading this post, because you guys are the best.

message 2: by Nick (new)

Nick (nick1050) | 44 comments Hey Nathaniel, I'm a freelance artist/hobbyist. If you'd like to check out down of my artwork here's my deviant art page http://nick1050.deviantart.com/ and my personal email is; nick.Chavez1050@gmail.com

message 3: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Brehmer | 33 comments Great! Sent you an email. I love the work on your deviantart page.

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick (nick1050) | 44 comments Thank you Nathaniel, I replied back to your email. I'm not sure if you got it though.

message 5: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Brehmer | 33 comments Okay. Yeah, I don't seem to have gotten the email reply for whatever reason.

message 6: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy (mrflyingj) | 61 comments Sounds interesting. I'm a little late to this thread. I wouldn't mind reading the script. I draw on the side a bit...my site is here. Right now it is mostly profile pics. Keep me updated.

message 7: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Brehmer | 33 comments Sorry I saw that late, Jeremy. I think your work is fantastic, from what I can see on your site, and I'd love to send you the script.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Nathaniel. I am not an artist but I am interested in reading your script. I am a writer and plan to do a horror graphic novel for my next project, and can give some sound feedback. I can also send you a couple of my sci-fi short stories.

message 9: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 136 comments Andrea Sorrentino did a marvelous job in I,Vampire.

message 10: by Alia (new)

Alia (The_Nerd_Bird) | 2 comments Hey there! I'm an artist and would love to help you out..inbox me! :)

message 11: by Neale (new)

Neale Cooper | 2 comments Andrew Fuller.....an incredible artist!

message 12: by Neale (new)

Neale Cooper | 2 comments http://www.abfdesign.co.uk

Here's his website