Deathstalker discussion

Fun and Games > What if...

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca May | 488 comments Mod
OK, this is another game that I think should work quite well. Simply - to start off with, I'll write a question starting with "What if...". The next person must try and answer that question, and then write a new "What if..." question.

So, to start off;

What if Cathy hadn't tried to kill Owen?

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments It's entirely likely that he'd would not have got back in touch with his AI and found out he'd been outlawed and there were people put to kill him. Armed guards would have burst into the room catching him unaware and in all likelihood shot him. He'd be dead at the start of book 1, thus never becoming the saviour of all. No madness maze, no last standing. Hazel would be dead straightaway. They'd never find Jack and the empire would have continued unchecked for a thousand years. Scary thought!

What if Giles had never used the darkvoid device and blacked out the stars?

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

I honestly think there would be no Deathstalker series... or at least, it would be so changed as to not be recognisable. I mean, Giles would never have gone into stasis, without being forced to... everything would be different, I think.

What if Shub hadn't saved some of Oz's personality?

message 4: by Danny (new)

Danny Silva | 55 comments Knowing Giles he would of used it for his own gain! But without the use of the Darkvoid device there would be no Recreated which would of totally change the outcome of the end of the book :-O not sure how that would of turned out.

What if Hazel was never taken by the Bloodrunnes? (u think owen would of learned his full potential?)

message 5: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 04, 2013 01:04PM) (new)

Owen may have figured out all his epic powers eventually, but things would probably have just continued as per usual. :)

What if Shub hadn't saved some of Ozymandius's original personality/programme?

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments Owen would have been lost and stumbled about in the dark. Having Oz as a voice in his head did guide him towards fulfilling his destiny in the end. Without Oz the rebellion could have stalled.

What if Clan Wolfe had not attacked Clan Campbell?

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Among other things, Finlay and Evangeline may never have had their chance to be together. But probably most importantly, Robert Campbell would not have been forced into the military, which in a way did lead to his becoming King.

What if the Lover Boy programme hadn't worked on the Darkwind?

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments Haha then the Darkwind would have blown the clone leggers ship out the sky killing Hazel. Owen would have been captured by the Imperials and hauled up before Lionstone (powerless).

For the rest of it, refer to post 1!

Now then, what if Kit had killed Owen in their duel whilst Owen was running
backwards in time?

message 9: by Danny (new)

Danny Silva | 55 comments Oh man all these time travel topics give me nose bleeds

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments What if Danny didn't get nosebleeds when contemplating time travel paradoxes lol

message 11: by Danny (new)

Danny Silva | 55 comments Then he would come up with a good answer, stop wasting time on the Internet comparing temporal paradoxes and continue studying for his statistics quiz tomorrow >.<

message 12: by Danny (new)

Danny Silva | 55 comments Lol but seriously let's hear some answers! I know it's not the game but u must of put some thought into it before asking Chris what's ur hypothesis?

message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments Well now. Kit killing Owen wouldn't have affected much because it was future Owen not present Owen that got killed. Therefore everything that has happened up-to this point would still take place. However, the recreated would probably have then destroyed the world. Which would be bad.

message 14: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments Does no-one else have a what if then? Or want to post an answer to mine?

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Sorry Chris, I sort of missed your question. *sheepish face*

Um... well, basically Humanity would be kinda screwed without Owen, I think. Though of course I'd rather Owen had just left Kit the hell alone.

What if Finn had been unable to clone James?

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments Well Finn would not have been able to appoint someone as "pet king" making it harder for him to operate. But then Finn was a psychopath so he'd probably have come up with a work around involving killing people.

What if Owen had not set the Hadanmen free?

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Erm... I'm gonna say they probably would have all died. At least Jack and Ruby and Giles, from their wounds. And those that didn't die would have been trapped on the Haden, twiddling their thumbs. Basically there wouldn't have been a rebellion without the Hadenmen. Unfortunately. :(

What if Stevie II hadn't died in the raid on the tax headquarters in Tower Chojiro?

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris Marcus | 180 comments Not sure that stevie II surviving would have changed much in the grand scheme. maybe her living would have meant the stevies didn't play as active a role in the rebellion. but they were not vital to its success.

what if shub had not been converted to good by Diana Vertue?

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Um... then Humanity would be kinda screwed, maybe? I don't know, but probably.

What if Anne hadn't killed Emma Steel?