The Lost Wife The Lost Wife question

Josef love for Amalia
Michael Michael Jun 03, 2013 02:12PM
This is one of the best books I ever read. I was so sad that it ended, so romantic and thoughtful. I do have a question that I am curious to see what others think

I happen to believe that Josef settled for Amalia,he never loved her like he loved Lenka. While I do believed that he grateful for the children he had with her. However she was no Lenka, only a continuation of the love her had for another woman.

What do you think?

As the author, I just wanted to reaffirm what Vicki said about Josef's love for Amalia. I wanted to explore the different shades of love within lifetime. Josef's love for Amalia is different than his love for Amalia because it is borne out of loss and suvivor's guilt. They both respect each other's past and each have ghosts of their own. It does not have the vibrancy and innocence of the love he shared with Lenka, but it's a love all the same.

Alyson Richman Thanks so much, Marym and Lisa. I'm so appreciative of your support. Right now I'm working on my fifth book, Dragonfly, and that will be published Oct ...more
Jul 12, 2013 04:51PM
F 25x33
Katie Deming I finished this book the day that I started it. It was beautifully written and I couldn't put it down. I look forward to October 2014! Thank you! ...more
Aug 13, 2014 11:42AM

Can anyone ever forget their first real love? I think not! A beautiful book.

He absolutely settled for Amalia however I do believe there was a love...respect for her due to their commonalities. Maybe it was more of a friendship, all the same I feel he did love Amaila. Just different due to being haunted by his true love Lenka.