PrintSF discussion

What are the best SF books of the last 10 years?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin Gerber (cmgerber) | 5 comments I find my self reading old scifi (20+ years) much more often than new scifi. So what are the best books from the last ten years?

I have read a few I really enjoyed including Old Man's War and Altered Carbon.

message 2: by Colin (new)

Colin Gerber (cmgerber) | 5 comments Nick wrote: "I hear Neil Stephenson's "Anathem" is superb but very dense.

It's sitting on my desk, and I will be tackling it after I'm done with Hyperion."

I have Anathem on my to read list as well. I have heard mixed but over all positive reviews on it.

If you are reading Hyperion you have to read at least the first two before you switch to another book. Really I would suggest reading all four. Although a lot of people say they don't like the last two I really enjoyed them.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom | 1 comments For me the Relevation Space series by Alastair Reynolds would be in this list. It does have it's weaknesses, but I loved how big and detailed the universe in it is. It was also sort of an eye-opener for me, because it's not just made up shit, but actual science (they don't have FTL for instance).

message 4: by meyamashi (new)

meyamashi | 2 comments 2312, The Quantum Thief and Fractal Prince, and Jack Glass are all excellent, as are the others already mentioned above. Also the scifi-fantasy series by Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind and the Wise Man's Fear, so far) and Richard K. Morgan (The Steel Remains and the Cold Commands, so far) are grrrrreat.