52 weeks, 52 books discussion

Red Moon
This topic is about Red Moon
My review of RED MOON

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Catherine McKenzie | 985 comments Mod
My review in the huffington post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/catheri...

Sandra  (sleo) Whoa! Sounds pretty good. Might have to read it.

Cherylanne | 61 comments I really enjoyed it and in my Amazon review, IMHO, believe its THE beachbook for Summer 2013. I read a LOT of UrbanParanormal genre books and I did not find this predictable at all. I think the author treated the subject in a way both entertaining and meaningful. This book will be my gifting go-to book as a present to anyone 12years old and up. xxoocf

Cherylanne wrote: "I really enjoyed it and in my Amazon review, IMHO, believe its THE beachbook for Summer 2013. I read a LOT of UrbanParanormal genre books and I did not find this predictable at all. I think the aut..."

Wow, great endorsement, Cherylanne!

Debbie I hesitated with this book because of all the vampire and werewolf books out there. It seems like a lot if authors are using them in their stories just to get a heads up or for book sales. But I found this book to be very different. The story seemed very plausible what with the scientific data introduced. Not that I'm a scientist, but I fell for it and totally believed it. I think that's a huge part of what made it so great. It is fiction that was made believable with a very good story and great character development to go along with it. The link with protests marches for equality and "stop the war" efforts in the 1960's only led to the belief in this fictional story. That was a very tumultuous time and could have been about Lycans as well (yes far fetched as it is). i think that added to the belief of the story. I found it to be a great story and a very entertaining book!!

Lynne (lynne_frappier) | 33 comments I DID NOT LIKE THIS BOOK. I had read so many great reviews about this book so I think I went in with really high expectations ... I had read your reviews and thought - this book is going to totally be a winner! And that didn't happen. At least not for me. The concept - werewolves have become the enemy of the state - it's them against humans - what side are you on? Basically it was an attempt to discuss prejudices when one group of people (aka the werewolves) attack another - do we group everyone that shares their basic beliefs together as terrorists? I didn't like the writing, didn't like the characters and didn't like the story. Huge disappointment.

Lynne wrote: "I DID NOT LIKE THIS BOOK. I had read so many great reviews about this book so I think I went in with really high expectations ... I had read your reviews and thought - this book is going to totall..."

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, Lynne. And I know I've said this before, but no book is for everyone, right?

Lynne (lynne_frappier) | 33 comments Catherine wrote: "Lynne wrote: "I DID NOT LIKE THIS BOOK. I had read so many great reviews about this book so I think I went in with really high expectations ... I had read your reviews and thought - this book is g..."

totally! I realized after I posted that I didn't need to be so angry in my post. And honestly ... sometimes you need some duds in order to appreciate those so-so reads and really adore those other books that just take you away and make everything a little better!