Creative Reviews discussion

Looking to Review > Willing to review

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan (noonedanger) | 5 comments I'm open to review works by self-published authors. I just released my first self-pubbed novel, and I have now realized how difficult it is to find people who will leave reviews! I'm open for trading reviews, or if you're too busy I'm happy to accept a free ebook review copy of your book in exchange for leaving an unbiased review on GR and Amazon. If I *really* like the book, I may even write a blog post about it (though only 50 people or so read my blog).

I enjoy dystopian and science fiction stories, though I'm open to other genres as well.

message 2: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 82 comments Hi Dan. Would you be interested in reviewing my book Rogue Hunter: Inquest? If so, let me know. You can check out the link below to see if it sounds like something you'd like to read.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan (noonedanger) | 5 comments "Star Wars meets Law and Order and Prison Break" . . .

Um . . . duh? ;) Yeah, sounds really interesting! I'll send you a message with my email and you can send a copy on over!

message 4: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 82 comments Awesome, Dan. I'll keep an eye out for your message.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) This is my book Eyes Like Blue Fire by Amanda M. Lyons

It's a gothic horror novel (it has some romantic elemments but it's still very much about horror). I hope you wont mind checking it out and if you'd like to review it please message me at : nightshade44637@gmail.com

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Jones (sujones) | 3 comments I just published the first and second books of my most recent series, Rise of the Zyfoids.

This is a futuristic sci-fi series that involves life-like robots, called Zyfoids, living among society.

The story starts out with a plague that strikes the world and the introduction of the Zyfoids. As the Zyfoids enter society and take on new jobs, they find it difficult to be accepted by their human counterparts. They are treated poorly at first and have to learn to integrate peacefully.

After decades and finally being accepted as a normal part of society, the governments decide to remove the Zyfoids from their lives and place them into compounds where they produce the worlds largest demand items.

As the story unfolds over the next hundred years, there are many changes that take place resulting in the constant threat of terrorist attacks and war. The Zyfoids find themselves caught in the middle of the endless battle between countries.

Thats a very brief overview but the two published copies are on this site and you could read the full description. I'm on my iPhone right now and can't attach the link from here but I will as soon as I'm in front of a "real" computer.

The third will be available in about a month but here are the titles:

The Plague (Rise of the Zyfoids #1)
The Abduction (Rise of the Zyfoids #2)
Armageddon (Rise of the Zyfoids #3)

They're available on kindle or paperback.

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Spake (ManofYesterday) | 3 comments Hey Dan, I'd be happy to trade for reviews. What's your book about? I have a sci-fi novel Angelic Hellfire or a short story collection which has a number of sci-fi stories mixed in with a few other things, I, Tomorrow? and Other Stories.

message 8: by Susan (last edited Jun 28, 2013 05:52AM) (new)

Susan Jones (sujones) | 3 comments Here's the link to one of the books I just published:

The Plague

This is the first one. If your're interested, just send me an email. I can send it PDF or provide a copy of the paperback or kindle version.

This is the second one in that series. It just published two days ago. The third is in editing now.

The Abduction

message 9: by Kevis (last edited Jun 28, 2013 06:29AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 82 comments Robert and Susan,

I've noticed that it's becoming almost impossible to get reviews from this group anymore. I think the bloggers and reviewers are overwhelmed with books, so they can't take many anymore. The few that do are also swamped. So it takes a long time to get the review posted. I won't even bother to talk about the reviewers who refuse to review the ARCS sent to them or respond to follow up emails.

If you're looking to get some reviews in a timely manner, I highly suggest you check out The Review Initiative. Unlike this Group, the moderator over there takes an active role in making sure your book is reviewed, so you may want to give it a try.

message 10: by Pat (last edited Jun 28, 2013 06:59AM) (new)

Pat Harris (patharris-dragonwriter) | 2 comments Hey Dan,
Are you "up" for a fantasy/scifi epic? I'd be delighted for you to review my novel, New Hope Chronicles Book One: Dragon Flame. It's two-books-in-one (so you don't have to wait for a sequel for that part of the chronicles), faith-based high fantasy. Here's my url: www.newhopechronicles.com and the Amazon.com link http://amzn.to/VskHiC so you can see if you're interested.
Thanks for considering Dragon Flame.

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 726 comments Kevis, there is a much more simpler answer then that..Creative Reviews is dead...like it's not the same as it used to be and people hardly come on it anymore. Which is a shame cause this was my first and favorite group on here too...

message 12: by Kevis (last edited Jun 28, 2013 08:32AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 82 comments Justin wrote: "Kevis, there is a much more simpler answer then that..Creative Reviews is dead...like it's not the same as it used to be and people hardly come on it anymore. Which is a shame..."

I notice authors posting away (in vain) trying to get reviews. Discussions? Nonexistent. Moderators? Missing-In-Action. It's probably time to close up shop around here. Maybe it'll pick back up eventually, but I'm not sure how many of us will wait around to see it.

I posted the link above to help the authors who were trying to get reviews. But I'm probably wasting my time. So, I'll just bow out gracefully and let natural selection run its course.

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Jones (sujones) | 3 comments Thanks for the info on this. Im going to check out the other group.

message 14: by Dan (last edited Jun 28, 2013 03:24PM) (new)

Dan (noonedanger) | 5 comments I've been hard at work on a non-fiction project and have mostly been neglecting Goodreads. I am sorry I never responded, but my to-read list is insanely long now. I got several private messages from this thread and from another on kboards.com. Lots of people out there needing reviews. I wish I could read them all, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day, enough days in the week, etc.

message 15: by Robert (new)

Robert Spake (ManofYesterday) | 3 comments Ahhh thanks for the advice Kevis