Fantasy Fanatics discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaad (new)

Shaad Zaman (shaadzaman) | 234 comments Mod
Hey What did you think of series 7? I though it was pretty disappointing season overall. I did not particularly like the writing and stories that were told in this season!

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-seas...

Who do you think will replace Matt Smith as the Doctor? What were impressions of Season 7?

message 2: by Cj (new)

Cj (sosupercj) | 13 comments I always dislike the new doctors, but by the time they grow on me they get replaced. =(

message 3: by Shaad (new)

Cj wrote: "I always dislike the new doctors, but by the time they grow on me they get replaced. =("

That is so true! Who is your favorite companion?

message 4: by Cj (last edited Jun 03, 2013 12:46PM) (new)

Cj (sosupercj) | 13 comments Rose Tyler, Defender of the Earth! How about yours?

message 5: by Shaad (new)

Rose Tyler! She was so awesome. I also liked Amy and Rory!

message 6: by Cj (new)

Cj (sosupercj) | 13 comments I was a pretty big fan of Rory, not so much Amy. One of my good friends enjoys Amy immensely, but she always rubbed me the wrong way haha.

message 7: by Cj (new)

Cj (sosupercj) | 13 comments Did you ever get a chance to watch Torchwood?

message 8: by Shaad (new)

No I did not! I should probably put that on my list! I forgot about that show!

message 9: by Cj (new)

Cj (sosupercj) | 13 comments Shaad wrote: "No I did not! I should probably put that on my list! I forgot about that show!"

Definitely check it out some time. It's very well done for a spinoff series. Martha Jones makes quite a few appearances in it.

message 10: by Shae (new)

Shae (sbrown10210) | 2 comments I believe that 2nd part to series 7 was a bit of a let down, with the best episodes few and far between. I think the best episodes were the Rings of Akhaten, Journey to the centre of the TARDIS, Nightmare in Sliver and the name of the doctor. even these episodes had issues.

message 11: by Cj (new)

Cj (sosupercj) | 13 comments Have you guys been following the rumors for who is to play the next Dr? I've seen some interesting selections so far.

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky (beaktastic) | 86 comments I enjoyed series 7 but wasn't wowed by it, although it did have some highlight episodes as each series always does. The finale for example! I mean come on! How good was that!

I'm torn between Rose and Amy as my favourite companions, they're both so good! Although I think Amy might take it just by a small margin. Clara has been okay and has definately grown on me throughout the series so far.

I'm also really looking forward to the 50th anniversary episode!

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky (beaktastic) | 86 comments I'm also curious about how they're going to get around the inevitable regeneration issue. Cos according the rules so far there can only be 13 different doctors and Matt Smith was 11 so... in order to keep the series alive they will have to get around that somehow.

Also - watch Torchwood! An amazing spin off show. I just wish it could continue!

(and sorry for a double post).

message 14: by Shae (new)

Shae (sbrown10210) | 2 comments Becky wrote: "I'm also curious about how they're going to get around the inevitable regeneration issue. Cos according the rules so far there can only be 13 different doctors and Matt Smith was 11 so... in order ..."

Becky- it is rumored that John Hurt could be the doctors lost regeneration from the time war, and he has forgotten about it. Thus changing the regeneration numbers forward, making Matt the 12th. I hope this isn't true and cant see BBC doing that.(a lot of marketing would have to be rewritten) but, Moffat is capable of doing anything so who knows. I think he could possibly be a manifestation of all the bad things the doctor has done.

I think for his next regeneration though just make him ginger that is all he has ever wanted!LOL

message 15: by David (new)

David Houpt | 10 comments The limit on 12 regenerations was from the older series (I think it was first mentioned in The Five Doctors, but I could be mistaken) and so far as I know, has never been mentioned in the new series.

I have no idea who's going to play him, but no matter who does, it's the Doctor and I'll love him. Matt's not my favorite - that's Tom Baker, which I know dates me severely, followed by David Tennant - but his acting in many of the episodes was wonderful.

Regeneration itself has changed a lot, even within the new series. When Rose witnessed Ecclestons's regeneration into Tennant's Doctor, it glowed and there he was.

When Tennant left, it nearly destroyed the TARDIS.

Who's to say what rules regeneration operates under now?

message 16: by Christi (new)

Christi | 1 comments doc 10 and rose!