David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Book Talk > Cheap Ebooks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Riley (last edited Jun 07, 2013 05:57PM) (new)

Riley Banks (RileyBanks) | 15 comments $0.99c - Vampire Origins - weaving historical fact with fiction to trace the origins of 5 very different vampire tribes.

Vampire Origins - The Strigoi Book 1 - Project Ichorous by Riley Banks

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Crewel Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin by Ginnifer Albin is on sale on Amazon for $3.99 today - great book, totally worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/Crewel-World-eb...

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Just got Blue Hearts of Mars by Nicole Grotepas for free today on Amazon -

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Hearts-of-...

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Currently on sale on Amazon

$1.99
Beastly by Alex Flinn

$1.99
Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1) by Kasie West

$1.99
Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2) by Kelly Creagh

$2.99
The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Pivot Point was also the same price on B&N, I just bought it!

message 6: by Theresea (new)

Theresea Wasson I hope this is ok to post here. A friend of mine (Lizzy Ford) who I ARC quite often for (not this book unfortunately) has a new book just released today in the YA PNR genre. It's being released at .99 for 4 days only and then the price goes up.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Kissed-ebo...

Here's the book blurb:
When Mandy loses her job, she thinks she’s hit rock bottom – until her plane is swallowed by a strange storm that sends her and everyone else on board 10,000 years into the future. At first, she thinks the scary world is nothing more than a bad dream. The war-torn Earth is unrecognizable. Black fog blocks the sun, and the oceans are dry. Even worse: the planet is inhabited by half-human, half-alien creatures dying from a mysterious disease. Horrified at the thought of spending her life here, she clings to the knowledge that there’s one man who can open the star gate to send her home.

As the Naki prince who controls the star gate, Akkadi gets first choice of any human female that makes her way through the star gate. Only by breeding with purebred humans from the past can his race hope to remain immune to the disease and hopefully, develop an eventual cure. With shrinking resources and a raging battle for the human planet, dutiful, commanding Akkadi is less than thrilled at the idea of trying to figure out Mandy, a woman he views as wild with neither discipline nor respect for someone in his position.

He’s ready to write her off, when she offers him something too tempting to resist: her body for the chance to convince him by any means possible to send her home. Neither intends for the arrangement to be permanent or to fall for the other. Only when Mandy learns Akkadi’s secret and walks away does he realize he’ll do whatever it takes to keep her – even if it means losing his war.

message 7: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Theresea wrote: "I hope this is ok to post here. A friend of mine (Lizzy Ford) who I ARC quite often for (not this book unfortunately) has a new book just released today in the YA PNR genre. It's being released at..."

Yes! Definitely post this type of thing here :) Lizzy is a friend of mine too :)

message 8: by Theresea (new)

Theresea Wasson :) Thanks David! I'm a couple chapters in and it's different from her normal PNR with aliens, time travel etc. Enjoying it immensely. It's also available on Smashwords now too.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Haven't received a Barnes & Noble link yet.

message 9: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Kayla (aka La-la) wrote: "YA books with over 4 stars (free-$5)
http://www.young-adult-books-content-..."

Your blog is so awesome, I love this segment!!

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Aug 02, 2013 09:03AM) (new)

Some great new monthly deals on Amazon!

For $1.99
Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1) by Jessica Park The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2) by Rae Carson Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1) by Anna Godbersen A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1) by Alethea Kontis

For $2.99
Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1) by Anna Banks

Most of these are on sale at B&N as well, except for A Monster Calls and Flat out Love--they don't carry those in ebooks. ????

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments Loved A Monster Calls!

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Me too!!

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

Is the a Kindle Daily Deal today, only $1.99!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=...

message 14: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 119 comments Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1) by Julia Crane

$ .99 on Amazon

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Jenny wrote: "Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

Is the a Kindle Daily Deal today, only $1.99!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=..."

Thanks! Bought it!

message 16: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

Is the Kindle Daily Deal today, $1.99!! Just bought it!

message 17: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Kristina wrote: "Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1) by Julia Crane

$ .99 on Amazon"

I bought this one awhile ago, it was free one day I believe :)

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Jenny wrote: "Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

Is the Kindle Daily Deal today, $1.99!! Just bought it!"

Yay!!! I saw that and almost wished I didn't already have it! You'll love it, too 5 dystopian series for me!

message 19: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

My library has it, so I was just going to check it out sometime, but I'd much rather own it! Can't beat that price!!

message 20: by Karen’s Library (last edited Sep 22, 2013 02:26PM) (new)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I got my ecopy (which I had in paperback only) to go with my ecopy of UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman .

UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman releases on October 15th! Eep!

message 21: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Yes!!! Can't wait for the third book!

message 22: by Madison (new)

Madison (ramblingbookreader) today on amazon Everette Morgan's books Tomorrow's past: the hunt and Tomorrow's past: the Rescue is free if you guys wouldn't mind please help this indie author with a read and a review! (if this isn't the right spot for this let me know!)

message 23: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

That's a great spot for this post, thanks for letting us know Madison!

message 24: by Madison (new)

Madison (ramblingbookreader) You are so welcome! He is trying to get started and would love some reviews!

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Cool I've just added him as a friend :)

message 26: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Thanks, Madison! I downloaded his books, but it will probably be awhile until I get to them!

message 27: by Madison (new)

Madison (ramblingbookreader) that's just fine :)

message 28: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlinsiem) | 409 comments Right now on amazon the following are on sale for $1.99 for today only:

The breathing series (books 1-3) by Rebecca Donovan

Angelfall and world after by Susan Ee

Sanctum and fractured by Sarah Fine

:)

message 29: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlinsiem) | 409 comments Also, if you buy fractured by Sarah fine then you will get a promotion email to get a short story for the series for free :)

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Awesome! I saw that too, but had already preordered World After when it was on sale for $1.99 in August. That's a GREAT price for a sequel that's not even out yet!

Caitlin, have you read the Sanctum series? I was considering that one too, but I thought it might be too YA cliché and not enough dystopian...

message 31: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlinsiem) | 409 comments David, I haven't read sanctum yet but a friend said the book was a lot better than she expected (because I too was a bit nervous). So I figured it would be worth a shot. Maybe we can do a buddy read on it sometime? Or I can scout ahead ;)

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments Picked up World After earlier today - yay!

message 33: by Marni (last edited Sep 28, 2013 05:44PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) Karen wrote: "I got my ecopy (which I had in paperback only) to go with my ecopy of UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman.

UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman releases on October 15th! Eep!"

I have Unwind and UnWholly in hardback and preordered UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman in hardback. It comes out the day I go to his signing in NY! I'm hoping it comes in the mail before I leave for it.

message 34: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) This just released and is .99 at Amazon and B&N Assassin's Rose by KaSonndra Leigh

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Thanks Marni!!

Caitlin wrote: "Right now on amazon the following are on sale for $1.99 for today only:

Sanctum and fractured by Sarah..."

Eep, got my copies of Susan Ee's books

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee and pre-ordered World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee , both for $1.99. I have the print copy of Angelfall but would like to reread before World After comes out! Actually, Angelfall is sitting right next to my David Estes section of my library! ;-P

message 37: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I got my preorder of World After, too!! YAY, what a deal! I suppose this means I need to read Angelfall soon...

I didn't even see when World After is releasing. I smell a buddy read!! I know lots of us have read Angelfall!

message 39: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlinsiem) | 409 comments You know what that means... We are gonna have to do a buddy read for them when it's closer to the World After book release ;)

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments Karen wrote: "I didn't even see when World After is releasing. I smell a buddy read!! I know lots of us have read Angelfall!"

I'm in!

message 41: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

YES! I'm in too :)

message 42: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Karen wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Right now on amazon the following are on sale for $1.99 for today only:

Sanctum and fr..."

That's SO COOL!

message 43: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Well, of course I'm in! I think its November 19th for the release is what I saw for World After.

message 44: by Karen’s Library (last edited Oct 16, 2013 11:56AM) (new)

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken is on sale for $.99 so I just grabbed a copy. Amazon and Nook!!

message 45: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlinsiem) | 409 comments Karen, I bought that yesterday too! I always love when books on my TBR go on sale!

message 46: by Madison (new)

Madison (ramblingbookreader) On October 24th Tomorrow's Past: The Hunt and also Tomorrow's Past: The Rescue will be free! they are normally 99 cents a piece. Please help this Indie author out with a download and a review(review isn't required but would be an awesome help!)
Blurb for Tomorrow's Past: The Hunt:Marcus Rainwater was barely 13 when the N47Q virus struck. Everyone he knew or loved died within a two week span. He’s lived on his own and survived for the past five years. With the training he was taught by his parents, he has set up a small protected compound in the southern region of the Appalachian Mountains where he lives alone. For a person living alone, danger can come from anywhere and sharing his little slice of Appalachia with resurrected prehistoric creatures isn’t going to make it any easier.
link: http://www.amazon.com/Tomorrows-Past-...
blurb for Tomorrow's Past: The Rescue: Continuing the saga that started with "Tomorrow's Past: The Hunt", someone or something is coming into Marcus' valley. Marcus tracks them and makes a decision that will alter his life forever. Refusing to stand silently by and do nothing, Marcus decides to act and attempts a rescue of the captives. Dodging dinosaurs and cutthroats can make for a tricky situation. Things don't go as planned and Marcus' survival could be in question. Will he make it back to his protected haven?
link:http://www.amazon.com/Tomorrows-...
Thank you!

message 47: by Zoe (last edited Oct 27, 2013 08:26PM) (new)

Zoe Cannon (zoecannon) It looks like The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is $3.99 on Kindle right now, for those who haven't read it. Also The Book Thief by Markus Zusak .

message 48: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Ooh two great books!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments David wrote: "Ooh two great books!"

Agreed.

message 50: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

The Bane (The Eden Trilogy, #1) by Keary Taylor

Is FREE right now on Amazon!! Great dystopian read!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bane-Eden-T...

« previous 1 3 4