*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

Past Reads > The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 80 comments Mod
Discussion thread for The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin LMD About halfway through and finding it just as amusing as the first Hitchhiker's Guide. Adams crafts sentences that you just have to stop and reread for the fun of it.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (rx_queen13) "About halfway through and finding it just as amusing as the first Hitchhiker's Guide. Adams crafts sentences that you just have to stop and reread for the fun of it."

I ordered my copy earlier this week, so hoping it will arrive before the weekend. I'm glad you’re enjoying it Robin, I can't wait to start now :)

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin LMD LOL See you at Milliways for the gnab gib. (It will soon make sense!)

message 5: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments I love the whole series and recall reading them many years ago and re reads since. Enjoy one and all!!

message 6: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 387 comments Mod
Each book in the series is thoroughly entertaining. I fully recommend them, though admittedly Adams is rather irreligious of anything and some may find that a touch on the mocking or upsetting side.

message 7: by Robin (last edited Jun 09, 2013 08:25AM) (new)

Robin LMD At first I was going to try and note my favourite part, but I quickly realized that was impossible. There really are too many. And since I just finished the first Hitchhiker's Guide not too long ago, the two stories are running into one another.... One of my favourite parts: the Total Perspective Vortex and the explanation of who invented it and why. And while the humour is what first attracted me to the series, it's wild how Adams cloaks some amazing futuristic ideas
amid the laughs. Dish of the Day? The electronic Hitchhiker's guidebook? Sub-etha networks? I am simultaneously impressed and amused as I read on. Can't beat that rare combination.

message 8: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (travellingsunny) Loved the entire series! I read a book that had all five of the books in the series one right after the other. I never got tired of his irreverence, and I can't remember another book that made me laugh as much!

LONG LIVE TOWEL DAY!

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin LMD Sunny in Wonderland wrote: "Loved the entire series! I read a book that had all five of the books in the series one right after the other. I never got tired of his irreverence, and I can't remember another book that made me..."

The full series (plus a bonus book)in one is what I got for a quarter at a local library sell-off. Best deal I ever grabbed, but it is a wrist-breaker!

message 10: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Forsythe Sunny in Wonderland wrote: "Loved the entire series! I read a book that had all five of the books in the series one right after the other. I never got tired of his irreverence, and I can't remember another book that made me..."

Ditto. The whole series is fabulous.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate (rx_queen13) I've really enjoyed reading the first two books this past week and can't understand why I didn't pick them up sooner! I will definitely be picking up the rest of the series :)