Catholic Readers discussion

Promotions, own books, etc. > Looking for advice

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Szymanski (MatureMomG) | 10 comments If this post is out of order, feel free to delete or move. I'm beginning to work on marketing my Catholic fiction novel. I am fairly new to Goodreads and have not done much here. Like everything it takes time. What would be some of the best ways to get word out about my book?
I did post here, but am wondering what other steps I could take. It is Catholic fiction but would appeal to all Christians (unless they are anti-Catholic, some are), and many non-Christians would find it a good read.
Suggestions?

message 2: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (jsbailey) Join in discussions, get to know people, etc. Try not to be a hard-sell because people will ignore you. It takes time, but building solid relationships with readers works best.

You might also try doing a Goodreads giveaway to gain reader interest.

I wish you the best! You and I are in a similar boat. I'm Catholic, but I write what I call "Christian speculative fiction." Many of my readers are non-Catholic Christians. I'm a member of some Christian reader groups on here, too.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Szymanski (MatureMomG) | 10 comments Thanks. That's about what I figured.

message 4: by Vincent (new)

Vincent | 8 comments Hi Kathy, I work for Tumblar House a small Catholic publisher. First off, I'm assuming your book is available on Kindle. On Amazon, I would make sure your book is categorized under:

Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Drama > Religious & Liturgical

And then I'd run a free ebook promo, and basically tell everyone about it. There are dozens of third-party websites that will help you get the word out for free via email blast and blogs. Some, if you pay them $5-10, will REALLY get the word out for you. I have a big ole list of links for them, so if you ever need them, just ask.

I guarantee you'll get around 2k downloads, and this will be good because it'll populate your Amazon customer reviews and scores which is important to make your book look like a big deal. Hope this helps some. Good luck!

message 5: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 17 comments Hey Vincent, I love Tumblar House. (just had to throw that in there)