YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Soul Screamer Series By Rachel Vincent --> Restarting "My Soul to Take" from July 25th 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 154 (154 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jonababez (last edited Jun 03, 2013 09:28AM) (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Ivanna and I will read the Soul Screamers series today.
Feel free to join!

We're starting on My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5) by Rachel Vincent , then My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 2: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments yey! hahaha

message 3: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Been on my tbr for so long! Haha!

message 4: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments What do you think of Kaylee so far?

message 5: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments I think she's a strong character, I really feel for her due to her very unusual abilities.

message 6: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments I know it's still too early to tell but it sort of reminds me of the Twilight cliche. Mysterious hot guy meets girl.

message 7: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Ivanna wrote: "I think she's a strong character, I really feel for her due to her very unusual abilities."

Yes, she seems strong, and I feel sorry for her unusual ability.

message 8: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments This series reminds me of The body finder series, have you read it?

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82124 comments Mod
I'm going to join you ☺ Not sure how many I can fit in, but I can hopefully read my soul to lose at least!

message 10: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Yay! Nice to have you here Sarah!

My soul to lose is really short. ;)

message 11: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5) by Rachel Vincent Yikes! how embarassing! Screaming and not being able to stop?! Glad it's not me!

message 12: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Definitely! I seriously do not want her ability. I don't want to be thought as crazy.

message 13: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I'm on Chapter 11 of My Soul to Take, it gets interesting... Hmmm.. I'm enjoying the mysteries of this book. ;)

message 14: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Jona wrote: "Definitely! I seriously do not want her ability. I don't want to be thought as crazy."

you can see why they'd admit her to the psych ward though - screaming and clawing at your throat? I'd send her there myself!

message 15: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments im on chapter nine. I think I'm getting into this already. It gets quite interesting though I'm still quite put off with the romance factor.

message 16: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Do you know why you're here? Yeah, because the doors are locked.

That's so funny!

message 17: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments haha. she is quite witty. :) you'll also get a handful of those in the next book.

message 18: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Ivanna wrote: "im on chapter nine. I think I'm getting into this already. It gets quite interesting though I'm still quite put off with the romance factor."

Why? But I somehow feel the same way, their haste romance is unbelievable. LOL!

message 19: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments Jona wrote: "Ivanna wrote: "im on chapter nine. I think I'm getting into this already. It gets quite interesting though I'm still quite put off with the romance factor."

Why? But I somehow feel the same way, t..."

They're dealing with something serious and then they just kissed. I'm like where did that come from, it's totally uncalled for and out of nowhere. I thought I actually skipped a paragraph but to my disappointment I didn't - it really happened. haha

message 20: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

starting 'my soul to take' now ☺

message 21: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Back to reading it! Another book got in the way! Lol!

message 22: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Ivanna wrote: "Jona wrote: "Ivanna wrote: "im on chapter nine. I think I'm getting into this already. It gets quite interesting though I'm still quite put off with the romance factor."

Why? But I somehow feel th..."

You'll understand their strong connection along the way, some secrets. ;)

message 23: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Might that have been Faking It (Losing It, #2) by Cora Carmack ?

message 24: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Sarah wrote: "Might that have been Faking It (Losing It, #2) by Cora Carmack?"

Absolutely right! Lol!

I'm now ready to go bak reading paranormal stuff, but I can't forget about Cade. Lol! ;)

message 25: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

MS2T Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

message 26: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Just finished it! I really liked it! Now I understand the abrupt romance. They have this strong connection.

However, it is somehow predictable. I have predicted who summoned the reaper and why. But I wasn't able to guess the link between Tod and Nash. ;)

What chapter are you guys?

message 27: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I'm still on chapter 3. I have this in paperback which means it takes me longer to read than if I had it on the kindle cause it's less easy to read in the dark etc. had another buddy read again today so hoping to get back to this when i finish that!

message 28: by Jonababez (last edited Jun 07, 2013 11:46AM) (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Ohhh, I also have it in paperback! I have the first volume, how about yours?

message 29: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Yeah, that's exactly what I've got! I've got volume 2 too, and wolume 3 on pre-order. It's so much cheaper than buying the individual books ☺

message 30: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I agree! Definitely saved a lot! Aww, I don't have volume too yet.

What do you think of the covers? Aren't they all gorgeous? Well, maybe because I just love dresses! ;)

message 31: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I agree! Definitely saved a lot! Aww, I don't have volume too yet.

What do you think of the covers? Aren't they all gorgeous? Well, maybe because I just love dresses! ;)

message 32: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jun 07, 2013 12:02PM) (new)

yeah, they're really pretty, i did have an odd moment the other day though when i focused on her hand for some reason and it looked a little odd. wonder if anyone would have been able to guess the cover just from her hand? Soul Screamers Volume One (Soul Screamers, #0.5-2) by Rachel Vincent

message 33: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I didn't notice that, but yeah, it looks odd when I check the enlarge cover. Maybe the model is a little tense that time. Lol! ;)

message 34: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Maybe I've watched too much of America's Next Top Model, but I don't think Tyra would have been happy with that hand!

message 35: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I agree! I think that would be her exact comment! Lol! I also love that show! ;)

message 36: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I'm back. going to try to fit in a few chapters before my next buddy read ☺

message 37: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sophie is such a b*tch!

message 38: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

chapter 5 (view spoiler)

message 39: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

chapter 7 - getting a bit more interesting now!

message 40: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

(view spoiler)

message 41: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments Sarah wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

hahaha. that's so funny Sarah, maybe. Anyways, I'm on Chapter 14 - I think I finally get where you're getting at Jona but still I'm not really convinced with their romance. hahaha

message 42: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Sarah wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Hahaha! I knew it in a different spelling. ;)

message 43: by Jonababez (last edited Jun 08, 2013 07:29AM) (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Ivanna wrote: "Sarah wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

hahaha. that's so funny Sarah, maybe. Anyways, I'm on Chapter 14 - I think I finally get where you're getting at Jona but still I'm not really convinced with thei..."

You don't buy it? I think they are cute together. ;)

message 44: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I think they're pretty cute. I'm not really feeling the love myself though. He hasn't done anything to make me love him yet.

message 45: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments me too. there's no swooooooon worthy moment yet. hahaha

message 46: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Haha! Are you goinG to read book 2?

message 47: by Ivanna (last edited Jun 09, 2013 06:17AM) (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments I don't know - I'm not entirely crazy over it. hahaha. maybe, maybe not. :| lez buddy read towering. :) I just finished with this one.

message 48: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Ivanna wrote: "I don't know - I'm not entirely crazy over it. hahaha. maybe, maybe not. :| lez buddy read towering. :) I just finished with this one."

Oh really? I enjoyed the book and started book 2. I really like books with lots of deaths. Lol!

Sure! I've already replied to your post in wrb thread.;)

message 49: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 195 comments I did liked it - but I don't know it lacks something. hahaha

message 50: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments There are 7 books in the series so I guess those will fill up what's lacking. LOL!

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.