YA/NA FANATICS discussion

Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
This topic is about Darkness of Light
Archive > June "Sizzling Summer" Scavenger Hunt Questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sara (last edited Jun 03, 2013 02:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Here is where you will check back every day for the scavenger hunt questions. You will have 24 hours from the time the question is posted to send me your answer in a private message before the next question is posted. There will be 14 questions total. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY ANSWERS HERE. HAVE FUN!

The answers are all taken from books that have something to do with summer.

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Question 1 worth 1 point

Coming from a wealthy family there are expectations that I have to meet. This is why when I’m invited to spend the summer with an aunt I’ve never met, I take this chance to get away even if it is for a little while. Name of book and author.

message 3: by Samia (new) - added it

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 155 comments sent the answer!! :D

message 4: by Sara (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Question 2 worth 3 points

Told from two points of view. These two enemies who once dated the same guy at the same time now have to work together to fix the mess that has been created. This might be the proof they need to realize they aren't as different as they think. Name the two enemies. Book and author?

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to #1 was The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland

message 6: by Kasey (new) - added it

Kasey | 41 comments Oooh this book sounds intriguing!

message 7: by Kasey (new) - added it

Kasey | 41 comments Sneaky Sara..... ;)

message 8: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 83 comments Hmmm...I keep getting a link about Drake slamming Chris Brown :D
Although I still can't find this:(
Sorry

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma | 6 comments Oh my this question is difficult, I am going to keep looking though, think I have a few mins left :(

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#3 worth 2 points

Since my parents were busy working on their divorce papers they sent me to my aunt to spend the summer with her while they sort things out. This becomes a summer of endless days at the beach and that mysterious guy who saved me. Name of book and author.

message 11: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Time's up.

Answer to 2 was Dee Barton and Sabrina Owens from Just Flirt by Laura Bowers

message 12: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 83 comments Wow, i am just not having any luck...

message 13: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Gabriela wrote: "Wow, i am just not having any luck..."

My question helper decided last months was too easy so she is challenging all of you this time:)

message 14: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#4 worth 3points

I have always had this skill, better than most guys. This is why I'm going to join the competition. I have to do this. It's the only way to save my family's business. With my best friend by my side he is supposed to be helping prepare but lately he has been disappearing. I'm stuck wondering if I can really do this. Who am I? What is my skill? Name the book and author.

message 15: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to 3 was The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal

The Devil's Advocate (devilzadvocate) Question 4 is really hard. It relates to a lot of books. *pouts*

message 17: by Kasey (new) - added it

Kasey | 41 comments AHHHHH This month is definitely more difficult, but just as I went too give up I thought "One more click Kasey, and then if it's not there we'll give up" and BAM! There's the answer, I knew it even before I clicked on it just from the summary on Google *shakes head* These scavenger hunts are gonna give me a brain aneurysm ;)

message 18: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 83 comments Sara wrote: "Gabriela wrote: "Wow, i am just not having any luck..."

My question helper decided last months was too easy so she is challenging all of you this time:)"

Well, this is another one I can't find...sorry

message 19: by Kat (last edited Jun 07, 2013 05:52AM) (new)

Kat | 15 comments Darn it! Question # 4 is so hard :((((

The Devil's Advocate (devilzadvocate) Katrina Elise wrote: "Darn it! Questions # 4 is so hard :(((("

Agreed:'(

message 21: by Kat (last edited Jun 07, 2013 05:53AM) (new)

Kat | 15 comments The Devil's Advocate wrote: "Katrina Elise wrote: "Darn it! Question # 4 is so hard :(((("

Agreed:'("

Have you found it? It's been 8 hours and I still can't find it //3

The Devil's Advocate (devilzadvocate) Katrina Elise wrote: "The Devil's Advocate wrote: "Katrina Elise wrote: "Darn it! Questions # 4 is so hard :(((("

Agreed:'("

Have you found it? It's been 8 hours and I still can't find it //3"

No, I didn't. This summary could relate to a lot of books. It is too general and to find the name of the book it describes would be almost a miracle :(

message 23: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#5 worth 2 points

My father and I are leaving the town for the summer. We are going to a place where no one knows us, a place where no one can find us, a place where he cannot find me. I thought he was the one, funny and sweet, but that all changed when he became jealous and obsessive. Who am I? Name of book and author.

message 24: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to #4 was Piper Wesley from On The Line by Jackie Nastri Bardenwerper and the skill is fishing

message 25: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 83 comments FINALLY!!!! :D

message 26: by Sara (last edited Jun 08, 2013 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#6 worth 1 point

My parents have forced me to go with my best friend on a road trip after I get a restraining order from my ex. What is a girl supposed to do, he cheated on me. Name of book and author.

message 27: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to 5 was Clara from Stay by Deb Caletti

message 28: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#7 worth 2 points

I was so excited when my family decided to go spend the summer with my cousins at their beach house. When we get there my cousins had changed since the last time I saw them, 3 years ago. I no longer feel like I belong there. I guess that is what happens when you have a lot of money. Who am I and name the book?

message 29: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to 6 was How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

message 30: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#8 worth 1 point

My best friend’s family invited me to spend the summer with them at the beach but a death in their family lead to a change of plans. I really wanted to go so I made my own way by getting a job and a place to stay. Who am I? Name of book and author.

message 31: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to 7 was Mia Gordon from The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1) by Amanda Howells

message 32: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#9 worth 1 point

I go to spend the summer in a different country to learn about their culture and figure out why that lady in the painting looks like me. Name series and author.

message 33: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to 8 was Cricket Thompson from Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland

message 34: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#10 worth 2 points

This will be the summer that I prove to everyone that I can be the best at catching waves and get the scholarship I need to go to school for surfing. Who am I? Name book and author.

message 35: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
ANswer to 9 was Flirting in Italian (Flirting in Italian #1) by Lauren Henderson

message 36: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#11 worth 2 points

I'm tired of my sister and the distance between us. I'm tired of step-dad who make my mother's life and mine miserable. This is why I'm happy when I get to spend the summer with my mother's godmother. Who am I? Name book and author

message 37: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
You have 2 hours for #10

message 38: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
answer for 10 was Grace Parker from Riptide by Lindsey Scheibe

message 39: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Holy moly #11 is probably really hard. I looked it up and whoa! so if no one has answered by my evening time which will be in approx. 5 or 6 hours I will post a clue.

message 40: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Sorry guys:( someone just answered correctly so no clues.

message 41: by Sara (last edited Jun 14, 2013 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
#12 worth 2 points

This was going to be a great summer starting with the fact that I get to work next to my crush but all this changes when my mom forces me to go sailing with my dad. Sailing sounds like fun but you don't know my dad. Name book and author.

message 42: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to 11 was Amy Rush from Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

message 43: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 83 comments Geez, I am really sucking at this...

message 44: by Sara (last edited Jun 14, 2013 06:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Clue 1 they are sailing in the Mediteranean (? On spelling) and Dad is working.

message 45: by Sara (last edited Jun 15, 2013 09:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Iam posting the last 2 questions today so we can have tomorrow off

#13 worth 1 point
What book has this quote? “My entire life has changed in the span of three weeks, but as the seals howl against the Pacific, everything around me remains exactly the same.”

#14 worth 2 points
I get to spend the summer with my dad at the beach town where he lives with his new wife and baby. I also get to work in a boutique my step mom owns. Name of book and author.

message 46: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to 12 was Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson

message 47: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
I will announce the winner as soon as I get home.

message 48: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Answer to #13 was Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

and 14 was Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

message 49: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Congratulations! We have our winner!
Kasey with 24 points

Katrina Elise 12
Brittany 9
Pehel 5
Gabriela 5
Lori 5

If you only answered one I didn't list you.

Thanks for participating!! See you in September:)

Alaina (bibliobarista) | 29 comments Congrats Kasey!!
I'm hoping next time I'll have enough free time to answer some questions... I had a crazy busy month this time!

« previous 1