The Devil and Miss Prym The Devil and Miss Prym discussion

Oh dear, Paulo Coelho is just so dull

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anita Belloso I read this book and then relized, once more, why I don't like Paulo Coelho... so simple and commercial writing... no essence at all!!!!!!!!! bu bu bu

message 2: by Iván (new)

Iván I tried to read ""By the Piedra river I sat down and wept" and "The Zahir", but I found the dialog in both novels just plain ridiculous. That's when I gave up on Mr. Coelho. I did, however, read "Veronika decides to die" and I liked it. It's not a masterpiece, but it's readable.

Charbel I really liked The Alchemist, but after The Winner Stands Alone I just couldn't read another Coelho book.

message 4: by Tomi (new) - rated it 1 star

Tomi Pakei Lucky you. I didn't even make it to the dull stage. You must have at least found something to feel dull about it. I found nothing. It's empty. :)

Dina el-Bakry Same here... I'm trying to read "Veronika decides to die" but I can't force myself to turn the page.
The Alchemist and The Winner Stands Alone were the best two books

Ananth I doubt my taste because whether booker prize has no criteria or my taste is bad?

Tanya Jain sorry but i completely disagree, paulo coehlo's books are really amazing, i had not read much- only three books. But i found it really amazing, you all must read it again maybe this would help.

Ananth @ Tanya: could you name me those books?

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan Dixon I actually really enjoyed Paulo Coelho's books. Usually they are simpler reads but I always find something to take away from them, perhaps it's because I can find that little gem that relates to my life in someway that I enjoy his books. Although Veronika decides to die is one of my favourite books I know that some people struggle to see the point of his books.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Tanya wrote: "sorry but i completely disagree, paulo coehlo's books are really amazing, i had not read much- only three books. But i found it really amazing, you all must read it again maybe this would help."agree with tanya!i love his writing style.I mean no other writer can give such fantastic description of human struggle that he carries within him than coehlo!

Tanya Jain Ananth wrote: "@ Tanya: could you name me those books?"

Now its four! Manuscripts found in Accra, devil and miss prym, alchemist and by the river pierda i sat down and wept

Tanya Jain GuRiYaA-JaPANii wrote: "Tanya wrote: "sorry but i completely disagree, paulo coehlo's books are really amazing, i had not read much- only three books. But i found it really amazing, you all must read it again maybe this w..."

Yes!! absolutely correct!! He is such a wise man!