Readers of Kindle Books discussion

Monthly Group Challenges 2013 > June Monthly Challenge-A Book and a Review

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 230 comments Mod
Talking to authors and publishers at the Book Expo this weekend really got me thinking about the fact that I rarely write book reviews. I give every book I read a star rating now that I'm tracking things here on GR, but I don't often take the time to write a real review. I wonder if this doing a disservice to authors or fellow readers? Do you write reviews for books you read? Do you rely on others' reviews to help you choose a book? I'd love to hear your opinions on the subject.

Whatever you think of reviews, here is your challenge for the month--write at least one review for a book you read this month. If you'd like to post it on the book's GR or Amazon page, that's up to you but please post it here or on the FB page so we can all read it too.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael | 13 comments Okay. Is done. :-)

message 3: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 455 comments Mod
Triangle The Fire That Changed America by David von Drehle

(Disclaimer: Most of my reviews are just a few words I write for myself so I can remember what I thought about a book. This one is a bit longer...but not much! :) )

What an interesting book! It's not just about the fire, but the social system that lead up to it. I was fascinated to learn how much women had to do with the trade union movement. Some of the book was a bit dry and confusing but overall, I enjoyed it. If you're looking for an interesting non-fiction read, try it!