Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > Romance Cover Model: Ellen Michaels

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
I stumbled across her website via a Google Image search.

Link

She posed for a few of Elaine Gignilliat's covers in the late 70s/early 80s and did plenty of nudie stuff.

Now that I know what she looks like, I do believe that she is Cameron from Aleen Malcolm's series!!

Now she's a nature photographer. :D

message 2: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie | 956 comments Mod
WOW.... I never knew real women were used, lol. How sexxirzzt of me, as clearly male models are used. ;|

message 3: by Karla (new)

Their names aren't nearly as well known. I haven't seen cover artwork model websites set up for THEM! It's all about the boyz.

message 4: by Mermarie (new)

=D Now that's a resource we can use in the future, too. I saved it; and I'd like to research more of the ladies' covers, too. I think I've neglected that aspect of it.

message 5: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) Jon Paul uses real cover models in his beautiful art for covers: http://www.jonpaulstudios.com/

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I had a dorm mate in college who modeled. I remember she had gone on a job and when I asked her what it was she said was a romance novel cover! :) That was 1991.

message 7: by Karla (new)

Cool! There have always been so many romances that I suspect posing for those covers makes up a large percentage of modelling jobs.

message 8: by Mermarie (new)

I have no idea, but I have this strange obsession with blonde/blonde, or raven/raven on covers, for H/h. o.o

Also, it just makes me giddy, too, when a raven haired hero pursues a raven haired heroine, more particularly. Talk about shallow. :D

message 9: by Karla (new)

I don't know who posed for Alex on The Taming, but I've lurved that cover since high school. *is giddy* Not particularly fond of blondes, but I make an exception in his case. :P

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (FrNicole) | 68 comments What cover? Can you post a link?

message 11: by Karla (new)

It's the one up top. I've been in lurve with those cheekbones for years. :D

message 12: by Mermarie (new)

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) wrote: "It's the one up top. I've been in lurve with those cheekbones for years. :D"

No wonder you love Hall. Nobody does chiseled like him, or as far as I've seen!

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (FrNicole) | 68 comments I didn't scroll that far up. This looks pretty harmless. What is it that does it for you?

message 14: by Karla (new)

Chiseled, craggy, weatherbeaten and worn...love love love. :P Makes my William T. Sherman crush only logical, yes? LOL

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (FrNicole) | 68 comments Really joist the cheekbones? There must be anything else?

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (FrNicole) | 68 comments Ok got it :/)

message 17: by Karla (new)

Nicole wrote: "Really joist the cheekbones? There must be anything else?"

If you insist, the coat too. :P

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (FrNicole) | 68 comments Now it makes sense!

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (FrNicole) | 68 comments I can understand fashion addictions. Have a few myself.

message 20: by Mermarie (new)

ROFLMAO...eff the coat, unless it's gonna be used for a bed. Wait, what..