Persephone Books discussion

Every Eye > Done yet?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
Is anyone done with this yet? What did you think of the format?

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Dunn | 33 comments I finished it last night and I enjoyed the format. Even though not much happens as far as plot, her writing more than made up for it.

And I loved the ending.

message 3: by Caryl (new)

Caryl | 6 comments I didn't mind the back & forth of the format; I think it fit the story quite well. I thought her writing was wonderful, too -- so much packed into each sentence. I'm still puzzling over the "surprise" ending. I sort of guessed it -- although not the way it would be revealed -- so I wasn't very surprised. It's a book I could read again, I think, and understand it better the second time. I thought the theme of eyes/sight was brilliant.

message 4: by Rosemary (last edited Jun 22, 2013 08:57AM) (new)

Rosemary | 86 comments I didn't love this as much as most Persephones. I think it's because I prefer books with more character interaction and less description. But it's almost a year since I read it so I don't remember exactly.

message 5: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
I agree with you, Rosemary--this wasn't one of my favorites...maybe because there wasn't much of a plot?
Here's a link to the discussion on the Persephone Forum that helped me understand the novel a bit better: http://www.persephonebooks.co.uk/pers...

message 6: by Katey (new)

Katey Lovell (bookswithbunny) | 11 comments I have nearly finished this one now-beautiful writing but feel like I am wanting a bit more action to go alongside it. HAs anyone read any of Isobel English's other books?