Mid-Continent Public Library discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MH (last edited Jun 03, 2013 05:56AM) (new)

MH (librarian-m) | 236 comments Mod
It's June and you know what that means! What are you reading this month? Would you recommend it? Any "summer" reads on your list?

message 2: by Clara (new)

Clara (claramelgoza) | 32 comments Mod
Well I am starting off the month by listening to George R.R. Martin's series A Song of Ice and Fire. I will probably finish the whole series before the end of the month. I am also currently reading Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith. By the time June ends I will be onto several other titles in my list. Plus a few manga volumes added in for fun.

message 3: by MH (new)

MH (librarian-m) | 236 comments Mod
Clara wrote: "Well I am starting off the month by listening to George R.R. Martin's series A Song of Ice and Fire. I will probably finish the whole series before the end of the month."

Thank you for the reminder, I've got to get that on hold for my husband!

I'm reading Lucie Babbidge's House the last of the Sylvia Cassedy books. I'm excited to experience it for the first time, but I'm a little sad, too.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (kgilson) | 44 comments I am continuing with my Stephanie Plum fix by listening to Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich. I am also reading The Four Corners of the Sky by Michael Malone. I have also become interested in Zentangle so having reading up on it.

message 5: by Amy (last edited Jun 06, 2013 09:34AM) (new)

Amy (amysnively) | 3 comments just finished Sylvia Day's just-released Entwined with You (third in the crossfire series), finishing up The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn and then will hop over to The Orphan Master's Son tomorrow!

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin | 53 comments Resurrection Express by Stephen Romano. Great storyline, a career criminal gets out of prison to help with a "job." The people who got him out who he should be trusting are not the people he should be trusting. The one flaw I have with the book is the constant cussing.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin | 53 comments Dualed by Elsie Chapman. I did this title by audio book during my work commute. It is written in a very personal way, the female lead gives all the gut wrecking feelings incorporated with lost of family and the horror of wondering if you will still be alive the next hour. There are 2 of you, at some point once you are a teenager before you are 20, the board will set you to active status, which means you have to kill your alt, the other you. It depends on who is stronger, smarter, better at tactics, hand to hand or at weapons who gets to live.

message 8: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (Bibliotrent) | 1 comments Without any conscious planning this month has turned into a fiction, classic month. I have already finished Invasion of the Body Snatchers by Jack Finney and Gone to Texas by Forrest Carter. Soon to join the list are The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and the sequel to Gone to Texas The Vengeance Trail of Josey Wales.

message 9: by Courtnie (new)

Courtnie (bookcupidity) I just started Exposed by Laura Griffin - the next book in her Tracers series. Her books are a good mix of thriller/suspense and romance. Her writing style is a fav of mine, keeps the action pumping and puts you squarely in the middle of it. :)

message 10: by Linda O (new)

Linda O (lindanorthoak) | 11 comments I'm going to confess to reading Dead Ever AfterbyCharlaine Harris. Yes, it's as bad as the Goodreads reviews. If you haven't read them you should. The reviews were more entertaing than the book. Nothing else to say except I did finish this horrible end to a great series.

message 11: by Courtnie (new)

Courtnie (bookcupidity) Linda O wrote: "I'm going to confess to reading Dead Ever AfterbyCharlaine Harris. Yes, it's as bad as the Goodreads reviews. If you haven't read them you should. The reviews were more entertaing than the book. No..."

A real shame really. I'm still waiting my turn on the wait list since I refused to purchase...On to better things, eh?

message 12: by Courtnie (new)

Courtnie (bookcupidity) Woot! Just added The Manhattan Projects: Science. Bad. to my to-read because MCPL carries it - I love when that happens :)