Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Books that are not mine

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Holden (william_holden) | 4 comments The following books are not mine and would like to have them removed.

Mining and Natural Hazard Vulnerability in the Philippines
by William N. Holden, R Daniel Jacobson.

Great American Short Stories

With thanks
William Holden

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) If you co-wrote them, it would make sense to have them under your name, but is your case that you did not write this book?

message 3: by William (new)

William Holden (william_holden) | 4 comments Renee, I have no connection to these two books.

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) okay, fixing them. You probably have the same name as another author, it probably needs to be merged.
thanks.

message 5: by Renee (last edited Jun 03, 2013 04:55AM) (new)

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) Okay, so the problem is that you William Holden has the same name as William N. Holden who wrote that book. Can you please tell me how many spaces you have in between your names on goodreads as you control your author profile. I need to make sure they aren't the same as the other William Holden's.
Thanks for your patience.

message 6: by William (new)

William Holden (william_holden) | 4 comments I have one space between my names. Thank you for your help on this.

message 7: by Renee (last edited Jun 03, 2013 05:12AM) (new)

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) hmm, I think this might be a glitch in the system, when I search your author name it doesn't come up and when I search your books it doesn't come up, only on your author page does it come up. We might have to try speaking to a staff member. Can you see it when you go on your profile? Is there any way you could delete it from your books? Because the authors are separated now and it should work, if in 10 minutes the problem isn't resolved, I'd suggest going to the goodreads staff.
Sorry I couldn't resolve your problem, I will continue to try and fix it though, but good luck either way.

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) Phew, that took a lot. Okay, the book should no longer appear on your shelf. In fact, it has been deleted because the original version was completed.
Thanks for waiting, and all should be good. :)

message 9: by William (new)

William Holden (william_holden) | 4 comments Renee

I could see it when I went to my author profile page. I just checked and it doesn't seem to be there now. So perhaps it's fixed. I wasn't sure how to delete a book.

Thanks for your help

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) yes, it's been fixed. thanks for waiting. :)