Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > June 2013 Non Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments I'm behind the times with just starting this series by Kevin Hearne...

but I'm loving Hounded. Luke Daniels' narration is outstanding.

Oberon is hilarious - a very notable pet. :D

message 2: by D.G. (last edited Jun 03, 2013 09:46AM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Glad you're enjoying it, Brenda. I've been a fan of that audio production for a long time.

I'm counting the days until Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #6) by Kevin Hearne comes out at the end of this month. (#6 in the series.)

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments I'm listening to The Big Bad Wolf The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross #9) by James Patterson

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanieq) | 9 comments I'm listening to Nelson DeMille's latest, but I'm having a hard time to get through it. It's one of those that I'm sure is better to read since there's not as much dialogue.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i'm finishing up Where'd You Go, Bernadette; after that I have The Eyre Affair lined up

message 6: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I'm listening to The Crown of Embers.

message 7: by Shell (new)

Shell Currently listening to Monster Hunter Vendetta (MHI, #2) by Larry Correia . This is a roller coaster ride, but I have to say gansta gnomes are hilarious!

message 8: by Vic (last edited Jun 27, 2013 07:49AM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Listening to new Iron Druid installment Hunted. Luke Daniels really does such a fabulous job in this series. There are some POV back and forth between Granuaile/Atticus and he does a nice subtle job differentiating whose POV we're in. Great series!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments Vic wrote: "Listening to new Iron Druid installment Hunted. Luke Daniels really does such a fabulous job in this series. There are some POV back and forth between Granuaile/Atticus and he does a nice subtle ..."

I started this one yesterday (on my way to the books signing for Hunted)...love it so far...have you hit chapter 10 yet??

message 10: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Nichole ~Bookaholic~ wrote: "I started this one yesterday (on my way to the books signing for Hunted)...love it so far...have you hit chapter 10 yet??"

I actually JUST finished it!! I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed... My husband is just starting it while stuck in traffic. Told him to stop grumbling about how bad it was and to get some Oberon goodness going. :) I saw you post that you got a signed copy of the book - nice. I actually didn't start listening to the series until the first 3 books were out and am kind of glad I did because I listened to them back to back.

(Brenda - not sure how far in you are now with the series but you're in for a treat all the way through IMO).

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments Vic wrote: "Nichole ~Bookaholic~ wrote: "I started this one yesterday (on my way to the books signing for Hunted)...love it so far...have you hit chapter 10 yet??"

I actually JUST finished it!! I laughed, I ..."

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of laughing with this one...almost cried...I started when it was the first 3 too and listened back to back...I did find out yesterday that book 7 is finished and there will be a total of 9, he also mentioned he had a short story in an anthology called Unfettered that takes place way way way before this story line in Whales (can't remember what year it was) that sounds interesting

message 12: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I did cry in Chp 10 - gotta admit. Only 9? :) I find when I love characters and story lines I want them to continue but then again you have series (i.e., by LKH) that have gone on too long (IMO). So, we have 3 more full books. I hope he has ideas for the next book/series after Iron Druid because I've really enjoyed his style. I'd love if he could still use same world and maybe focus on other characters... maybe. Regardless, I'll be interested in what he puts out after this series. :)

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i'm listening to Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art right now - unfortunately, none of his other books have lived up to Lamb