Ask Carla Hanna discussion

Starlet's Web (The Starlet, #1)
This topic is about Starlet's Web
Hollywood Life > Is it unrealistic that a teen star wants marriage?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carla Hanna (carlajhanna) | 20 comments Mod
Here's an article showing how teen stars are desperate for commitment. We'll use Spears - but could have used Reese Witherspoon or Nicole Kidman, among many others, just as easily. Spears wanted to marry Timberlake when she was 18 and talked in an interview how she wanted kids with him as soon as they were hitched. No one would let the two marry and the relationship blew up. She then had some awful boyfriends. Spears was first married at 23 to her childhood friend, then married to Federline a few months later and immediately got pregnant, saying that she wanted to have kids more than anything.

Excerpt: In January 2004, Spears married childhood friend Jason Allen Alexander at The Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas. The marriage was annulled 55 hours later, stating that Spears "lacked understanding of her actions".[70] In March 2004, she embarked on The Onyx Hotel Tour in support of In the Zone.[71] In June 2004, Spears fell and injured her left knee during the music video shoot for "Outrageous". Spears underwent arthroscopic surgery. She was forced to remain six weeks with a thigh brace, followed by eight to twelve weeks of rehabilitation, which caused The Onyx Hotel Tour to be canceled.[72] During 2004, Spears became involved in the Kabbalah Centre through her friendship with Madonna.[73]

In July 2004, Spears became engaged to American dancer Kevin Federline, whom she had met three months before. The romance received intense attention from the media, since Federline had recently broken up with actress Shar Jackson, who was still pregnant with their second child at the time.[20] The stages of their relationship were chronicled in Spears's first reality show Britney & Kevin: Chaotic. They held a wedding ceremony on September 18, 2004, but were not legally married until three weeks later on October 6 due to a delay finalizing the couple's prenuptial agreement.[74] Shortly after, she released her first fragrance with Elizabeth Arden, Curious, which broke the company's first-week gross for a perfume.[20] In October 2004, Spears took a career break to start a family.

She is 31 now. Here's her latest headline:

Britney Spears and Fiance Jason Trawick End Engagement By ABC News
Jan 11, 2013 9:16pm

Britney Spears and her fiancé, Jason Trawick, will not be getting married and, instead, will be going “their separate ways.”

“Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement. I’ll always adore him and we will remain great friends,” Spears said in a statement sent by her representative to ABC News.

The singer got engaged to her former agent in December 2011.

“As this chapter ends for us a new one begins,” Trawick said in the statement. “I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever.”

The couple started dating in 2009.

Trawick told “Access Hollywood” in December 2011 that he got down on one knee to pop the question and Spears’ sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, witnessed the proposal.

But Spears’ representative, Jeff Raymond, said they’ve now decided to be just friends.

“Britney Spears and Jason Trawick have mutually agreed to end their one-year engagement,” Raymond said. “As two mature adults, they came to the difficult decision to go their separate ways while continuing to remain friends.”

The news of the break-up came after Spears announced earlier today that she would not be returning as a judge on the TV show, “The X Factor.”

“I’ve made the very difficult decision not to return for another season,” Spears said in a prepared statement.

The reason: She wants to start making new music.

PHOTOS: Best of Britney Spears

Spears has been married twice.

Her first marriage – which ended in an annulment – was to a friend, Jason Alexander. Her second marriage was to Kevin Federline. That relationship ended in divorce in 2006.

On Friday, Trawick also resigned as co-conservator for the pop star, The Associated Press reported.

In April 2012, Trawick was named a co-conservator by a Los Angeles judge, according to People magazine.

Along with Spears’ dad, Jamie Spears, Trawick had a say in the pop star’s personal affairs but not in her financial affairs. Spears’ dad continues to manage the latter.

A lawyer for Spears’ father said the request was made by the singer. Jamie Spears has been his daughter’s conservator since her emotional breakdown in February 2008.

ABC News’ Sheila Marikar contributed to this report.

Carla Hanna (carlajhanna) | 20 comments Mod
Another example of Liana Marie's world:

Angelina Jolie had a serious boyfriend for two years from the age of 14. Her mother allowed them to live together in her home, of which Jolie later said, "I was either going to be reckless on the streets with my boyfriend or he was going to be with me in my bedroom with my mom in the next room. She made the choice, and because of it, I continued to go to school every morning and explored my first relationship in a safe way."[95] She has compared the relationship to a marriage in its emotional intensity, and said that the breakup compelled her to dedicate herself to her acting career at the age of 16.[96]

During filming of Hackers (1995), Jolie had a romance with British actor Jonny Lee Miller, her first lover since the relationship in her early teens.[16] They were not in touch for many months after production ended, but eventually reconnected and married soon after on March 28, 1996. She attended her wedding in black rubber pants and a white T-shirt, upon which she had written the groom's name in her blood.[97] Jolie and Miller separated in September 1997 and divorced on February 3, 1999. They remained on good terms, and Jolie later explained, "It comes down to timing. I think he's the greatest husband a girl could ask for. I'll always love him, we were simply too young."[98]

Jolie had a brief relationship with model-actress Jenny Shimizu on the set of Foxfire (1996). She later said, "I would probably have married Jenny if I hadn't married my husband. I fell in love with her the first second I saw her."[99] Shimizu claimed in 2005 that her relationship with Jolie had lasted many years and continued even while Jolie was romantically involved with other people.[100] In 2003, asked if she was bisexual, Jolie responded, "Of course. If I fell in love with a woman tomorrow, would I feel that it's okay to want to kiss and touch her? If I fell in love with her? Absolutely! Yes!"[101]

After a two-month courtship, Jolie married actor Billy Bob Thornton on May 5, 2000, in Las Vegas. They met on the set of Pushing Tin (1999), but did not pursue a relationship at that time as Thornton was engaged to actress Laura Dern.[102] As a result of their frequent public declarations of passion and gestures of love—most famously wearing one another's blood in vials around their necks—their marriage became a favorite topic of the entertainment media.[103] Jolie and Thornton announced the adoption of a son from Cambodia in March 2002, but abruptly separated three months later. Their divorce was finalized on May 27, 2003. Asked about the sudden dissolution of their marriage, Jolie stated, "It took me by surprise, too, because overnight, we totally changed. I think one day we had just nothing in common. And it's scary but... I think it can happen when you get involved and you don't know yourself yet."[104]

In early 2005, Jolie was involved in a well-publicized Hollywood scandal when she was accused of being the reason for the divorce of actors Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. She and Pitt were alleged to have started an affair during filming of Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005). She denied this on several occasions, but later admitted that they "fell in love" on the set.[105] She explained in 2005, "To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive. I could not look at myself in the morning if I did that. I wouldn't be attracted to a man who would cheat on his wife."[101] Jolie and Pitt did not publicly comment on the nature of their relationship until January 2006, when Jolie confirmed to People that she was pregnant with Pitt's child.[106] Pitt and Jolie announced their engagement in April 2012, after seven years together.[107] The couple—dubbed "Brangelina" by the entertainment media—are the subject of worldwide media coverage.[108]