Delirity discussion

9 views
Author H > Half Moon Hollow - M. Harper

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jan 13, 2015 01:35PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) by Molly Harper A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2) by Molly Harper The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire (Half-Moon Hollow, #3) by Molly Harper


message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I had fun with the first one in the series. Just downloaded the second one. Anyone read it yet?


message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments I read the second one, did it by audio, as the narrator normally does a great job. However, this time around it was bad. So I am not sure if that colored my feelings about the book or if I just didn't care for it.


message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
It sounds like for once it won't be about a vampire.


Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I gave up on the audio about 1/2 way through and picked up the book...it was much better that way...I did not like the voice for Nola...rest of the narration was good though


message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments I would have done that Nichole, but I was listening at work and started and finished the book there. If I was at home I would have bought the e-book.

The sad thing is that I bought the audio really early on release day and had been looking forward to it.


message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Heather wrote: "It sounds like for once it won't be about a vampire."

It isn't, but Jane and company are around. Some of the funniest parts are with Dick.


message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I think I'd die if I had her home invaders.


message 9: by Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (last edited Jun 06, 2013 04:54PM) (new)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Darcy wrote: "I would have done that Nichole, but I was listening at work and started and finished the book there. If I was at home I would have bought the e-book.

The sad thing is that I bought the audio rea..."


I'm kinda jealous that you can listen to audio's at work....I can only listen at work when I am doing something like helping with billing or filing....which does not happen often....

If you got the audio from audible and are unhappy with it, they are good about returning/exchanging them...


message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Totally, I would feel the need to scrub everything down and have to walk around with some sort of weapon.


message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Nichole ~Bookaholic~ wrote: "I'm kinda jealous that you can listen to audio's at work....I can only listen at work when I am doing something like helping with billing or filing....which does not happen often....

If you got the audio from audible and are unhappy with it, they are good about returning/exchanging them... "


I love that I can listen all day. It sure helps the day go faster.

I would feel bad complaining about the book. I read it all, normally like her books and the narrator. It seems like all series have a "bad" book, this one seems to be it for me.


Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Darcy wrote: "Nichole ~Bookaholic~ wrote: "I'm kinda jealous that you can listen to audio's at work....I can only listen at work when I am doing something like helping with billing or filing....which does not ha..."

Yeah....but I figure as many audio books as I buy from Audible (and I usually do the audio and e-book combo especially if it is "whispersync") If I am unhappy with one and have no intention of ever listening again I will ask to exchange it...


Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments @ Heather...these are shorts but part of the Half Moon Hollow Series
Driving Mr. Dead (Half Moon Hollow, #0.5) by Molly Harper & Undead Sublet (Half Moon Hollow, #1.5) by Molly Harper both take place before A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2) by Molly Harper


message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Nichole ~Bookaholic~ wrote: "@ Heather...these are shorts but part of the Half Moon Hollow Series
Driving Mr. Dead (Half Moon Hollow, #0.5) by Molly Harper& Undead Sublet (Half Moon Hollow, #1.5) by Molly Harperboth take place before [bookcover:A Witch's Handbook of..."


And they are good!


message 15: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Nichole ~Bookaholic~ wrote: "Yeah....but I figure as many audio books as I buy from Audible (and I usually do the audio and e-book combo especially if it is "whispersync") If I am unhappy with one and have no intention of ever listening again I will ask to exchange it..."

Hmmm, I'll have to think on it. I don't really have anything that I really want right now. I have 3 credits waiting to spend as it is.


message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I red the first one because I think they drove through Nebraska and used it for a state challenge. I need to read the second.


back to top