Tumblr Readers discussion

soooo is this group abandoned?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments because there wasn't any activity for a whole month. sadface.

message 2: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) It's kind of fizzled out, I'm afraid. I've been busy and it seems like everyone else has been too. I'll probably give up trying to do book discussions, but I won't delete the group or anything.

message 3: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments ohhhh Leanne and Kayla i sooo dont want this not work...it has been busy but please lets try ..lets pick a book and see how it goes ..i would so miss you guys ;(

message 4: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Hm. I think it's just us at this point that are even interested in being active. We could try something fun that only works with a teeny group, like a Google+ Hangout once a month? Kind of like the Vaginal Fantasy bookclub (on Goodreads if you want to see how it works).

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments hmmm ive never done anything like that before but id give it a try. i really liked having chats about the books we read.

message 6: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) If Arline's up for it we can try it, and if we don't like it we can keep doing this, though at this point G+ hangouts would be easier to keep track of. We could still swap choosing books, and discussing it live might be cool.

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariel51) | 15 comments So sorry, I to have been very busy. My daughter graduates from High School this year and I am having a lot of company. I did read all the books and had good intention on commenting, but where has the time gone. I don't know what a Google + hangout is. You guys are so much better on your computers then I, but I still want in.

message 8: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Marie wrote: "So sorry, I to have been very busy. My daughter graduates from High School this year and I am having a lot of company. I did read all the books and had good intention on commenting, but where has t..."

No worries, Marie. We've all been pretty busy. (I've been working to graduate high school! Congrats to your daughter). A Google+ Hangout is basically a way to talk face to face online. (You have a Google+ account if you have a Gmail or Youtube account). You use webcams. I think about five or six people fit into one.

message 9: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments hi guys.. I am computer dummy as well ... but I am in as long as someone can help walk me thru where and how to set up ... soooo glad we are not giving up ... glad to still be apart of this group even though we are smaller :)

message 10: by Camilla (last edited Jun 05, 2013 10:09AM) (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) If this is too confusing for you guys, we'll just go right back to the old way, but I don't think it will be. :-) I just think it might be easier, since we can just sit around and talk about it for as long as we see fit, and it's only one night a month and might be easier to remember.

If everyone's good with that for now, how about someone picks something to read? :-)

message 11: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments Leanne I love the idea ...
my suggestion is Inferno by Dan Brown,, just finishing it and it is really good ... I think it is his best yet...

message 12: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Arline wrote: "Leanne I love the idea ...
my suggestion is Inferno by Dan Brown,, just finishing it and it is really good ... I think it is his best yet..."

Well, we started June kind of late, and I still have to get the book (I know that one has a hold list a mile long at my library!). Anything shorter/less insanely popular? haha

message 13: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments I just recently read another one that I couldn't put down called ,,, The city of dark magic by somebody Flyte... can't remember the first name but really good as well ... see if you can get this one :)

message 14: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Arline wrote: "I just recently read another one that I couldn't put down called ,,, The city of dark magic by somebody Flyte... can't remember the first name but really good as well ... see if you can get this on..."

Yikes, that's still pretty long. xD If you think it's a quick read anyhow, though, I'm game and can get it!

Kayla and Marie: It's City of Dark Magic. If that looks good to you, it shall be.

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments im in if i can find an epub of it. my library doesn't have a copy.

message 16: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) I'll look around/convert anything that needs to be for you when I'm fully awake.

message 17: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariel51) | 15 comments So are we reading 'City of Dark Magic' for sure?

message 18: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Nope, doesn't look like it. I can't find an ePub for Kayla free.

Want me to just pick a short kind of "classic," so it's available for free on all eBook devices and quick enough to read before June's out? And then someone else could pick next month's immediately so we have a huge amount of time to get a hold of a copy?

message 19: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariel51) | 15 comments It all works for me, but I'm starting tonight 'Born Weird' by Andrew Kaufman. 266 pages a short read!

message 20: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Marie wrote: "It all works for me, but I'm starting tonight 'Born Weird' by Andrew Kaufman. 266 pages a short read!"

I can't find Kayla an ePub for that, either, but I'm cool with that if her library has it and Arline can get it!

message 21: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments I sm cool with Maries book if this works for you guys

message 22: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) SHIT. Sorry guys. -.- I looked for an ePub for Kayla and just assumed my library had it. It does not have ANY version of it. *cries* WHY IS THIS HARD?

message 23: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments do you have sny book suggestions Leanne?

message 24: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) No suggestions, except that it probably would be best to read something free on Kindle and/or available in most libraries, because Kayla and I are clearly having a bit of trouble. xD Does anything in that range sound at all appealing to you?

message 25: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments Leanne of course anything is great..i will look for some freebies that are not too long and post what i find ;) i just want to to keep our group active ;)

message 26: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments What about The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho? Its only about 170 pages long and its pretty popular so it should be easy to find.

message 27: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments hi kayla..the alchemist is really good ..love your pick...

message 28: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) My library has that one! (Of course that one's available in every format ever...). Good pick Kayla. Thanks.

I'm glad you're good with it too, Arline! If Marie is okay with that, I think it would be a smashing choice.

message 29: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments yippppeee!

message 30: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariel51) | 15 comments Ok, I will see if I can get it from the library.

message 31: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments its almost the end of the month. How's everyone's reading going?

message 32: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Kayla wrote: "its almost the end of the month. How's everyone's reading going?"

I'm having a REALLY hard time getting into it. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea, but I'm going to keep trying. How about you lot?

message 33: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariel51) | 15 comments I have started it, but I have company these days, so have little time to read.

message 34: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments i am almost done ...i love it..it is different but a good read ;) kayla how close are you tp completeing it ;)

message 35: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments i finished it a week ago ^.^

message 36: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments cool..i should be finished by tomorrow ;) Do you know who is doing the questions ..or are we meeting to discuss it

message 37: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Arline wrote: "cool..i should be finished by tomorrow ;) Do you know who is doing the questions ..or are we meeting to discuss it"

I'm cool with either Kayla making questions (since it was her pick!) or meeting to discuss. We'll wait until Marie's finished, though. :-) I'm still not into it, but I think I've read enough to discuss why I don't like it, etc. I'm going to keep trying though.

Meanwhile, someone should pick July's book.

message 38: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments i love jeffrey deaver and he has a new one out called The Kill Room... this my suggestion and if everyone is game i would love to do this as a meeting ..it would be just like a bookclub meeting ;)

message 39: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments ive never been to a book club meeting but it sounds like fun. I'm okay with doing a meetup if we can work it out so everyone can be there.

The Kill Room is totally not the kind of book I'm used to reading but it sounds interesting. And it looks like I can get an epub for it so I'm ok with that pick if everyone else is.

message 40: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Okay! We can do it on Google Plus.

There are a hundred holds on that one at my library. xD Literally 100 holds. I don't think I can do it. My tablet's broken so I have to have a physical copy. :-( I'm super sorry Arline. If you guys want to do it though I could just not do this one?

message 41: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments do you guys have any that you want to read? i can read the deaver on my own;) give me some of your suggestions ..cant wait to see your picks

message 42: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments wow! thats one popular book. also, so sorry to hear your tablets broken. what a bummer.

message 43: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) I feel weird picking because I started it. xD Maybe Marie would like to pick, since Kayla picked last time? Or Arline, if you have another preference. :-)

I know. I can't believe how popular Mystery/Thriller books are at the library. My grandma reads them, and oftentimes it takes her months to get the book. And yeah, it reaaally is. I'm getting it replaced though. Thankfully it's still under warranty!

message 44: by Arline (new)

Arline Trividic (arlinetrividic) | 86 comments how about finding Gamlann by sean pidgeon...
phew..so good that your tablet was under warranty ... ;)

message 45: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Yeah. Google has decent customer service, too!

I can get that one! AND I'm a big Arthurian legend junkie, so it sounds extra interesting to me. :D Are you okay with/can you get that one too, Kayla?

message 46: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hubbard  | 41 comments yes i can get that one!

message 47: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Smashing! If Marie's game we're all good then, and I guess we can start this one while we wait for Marie to finish the last pick. :-)

message 48: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariel51) | 15 comments Ok, my company left last night, I will get cracking on The Alchemist, hopefully finish it this week. 'Gamlann' never heard of it but am game to read it, will see if the library has it. Love a group that can make decision!

message 49: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariel51) | 15 comments Just figured out it is actually called 'Finding Camlann'. No holds so I should get the next copy, is due back the 13th. Keep your fingers crossed it's returned early. :)

message 50: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Sorry, I should have posted the actual title, but it autocorrected for me, haha. No rush!

« previous 1