Bangor readers and writers discussion

How many writters do we have here?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siouxsun (last edited Jun 02, 2013 08:16PM) (new)

Siouxsun Lakeland | 8 comments I am a writer I have not published yet. I am wondering if there are any others here trying their hand at this?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments I have written most of a novel and have to heavily edit it. I've really been procrastinating over it even though I just had the files from a dead thumb drive recovered.

message 3: by Siouxsun (new)

Siouxsun Lakeland | 8 comments Jessica wrote: "I have written most of a novel and have to heavily edit it. I've really been procrastinating over it even though I just had the files from a dead thumb drive recovered."

message 4: by Siouxsun (new)

Siouxsun Lakeland | 8 comments Jessica I have a place you can go to have it edited and it might cost you about 10.oo and you will get lots of feed back if you are interested. I use it myself its great!

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (kenderhearted) I am also in the process of "editing" (more like procrastinating). Self-publishing seems to be the way to go these days. It costs a lot less and takes less time, but you have to put in a lot of effort to do everything yourself. Yay for ebooks.

message 6: by Lee F. (new)

Lee F. (leebill) | 2 comments Greetings. A new group for creative writers is starting on September 23 at Edyth Dyer Library in Hampden Maine at 6pm for 6 weeks. Please call the library to sign up. or go to Adult education for Hampden. Finally a place to go!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Degerstrom (ledegerstrom) | 3 comments Lee F. wrote: "Greetings. A new group for creative writers is starting on September 23 at Edyth Dyer Library in Hampden Maine at 6pm for 6 weeks. Please call the library to sign up. or go to Adult education fo..."

Is this an adult ed class or a writer's group? I couldn't find any information on the library page or the Adult ed page.

message 8: by E.J. (new)

E.J. Norris | 3 comments I am a writer!!!! My first novel, The Mirror and The Sword will be available this April Fools day!!! So exciting! One novel done and I'm just getting warmed up! :) :) : )

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1 comments Does this writer's group meet regularly, once/week or once/month? Please let me know as I would like to join in.

message 10: by Barry (new)

Barry Hammer (togetherness58) | 3 comments I am a writer; my writings can show you how to compassionately transform your individual life, personal relationships, and society. Please see the following recently published books that I and my late father (Dr. Max Hammer) wrote together:

PRIMARY AUTHOR: DR. MAX HAMMER (WITH CONTRIBUTIONS FROM DR. BARRY J. HAMMER AND DR. ALAN C. BUTLER)

THE TITLES OF OUR NEW BOOKS ARE:

1)“DEEPENING YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS: DEVELOPING EMOTIONAL INTIMACY AND GOOD COMMUNICATION” ISBN: 978-1-61897-590-4)

2) “PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALING THROUGH CREATIVE SELF-UNDERSTANDING AND SELF-TRANSFORMATION.” (ISBN: 978-1-62857-075-5)

NEW EMPOWERING SELF-HELP BOOKS AVAILABLE

These books will be very valuable for anyone who is seeking to compassionately transform their individual life, personal relationships, and society. This involves developing true experiential self-understanding as the basis of liberating self-transformation, healing emotional pain and inner conflict, developing inner peace, happiness, creativity, spiritual awareness; as well as developing psychologically healthy, deeply satisfying, successful, personal relationships, with true love, empathic emotional intimacy, and good communication; and extending similar principles as a way of transforming social networks, local community, and global society for the better.

PRIMARY AUTHOR: DR. MAX HAMMER (WITH CONTRIBUTIONS FROM DR. BARRY J. HAMMER AND DR. ALAN C. BUTLER)
THE TITLES OF OUR NEW BOOKS ARE:
1)“DEEPENING YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS: DEVELOPING EMOTIONAL INTIMACY AND GOOD COMMUNICATION” ISBN: 978-1-61897-590-4)

2) “PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALING THROUGH CREATIVE SELF-UNDERSTANDING AND SELF-TRANSFORMATION.” (ISBN: 978-1-62857-075-5)

THESE BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE (IN SOFT COVER PRINT AND VARIOUS ELECTRONIC VERSIONS ) THROUGH AMAZON, BARNES AND NOBLE, AND THE AUTHOR/PUBLISHER WEBSITE, http://sbprabooks.com/MaxHammer Wholesalers please email bookorder@sbpra.net

LINKS TO RELATED INSPIRATIONAL/TRANSFORMATIONAL BLOGS, RADIO INTERVIEWS, AND YOUTUBE VIDEOS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE.

ABOUT THE AUTHORS:

Dr. Max Hammer and Dr. Alan C. Butler are psychologists from Maine, with distinguished careers as Psychology faculty at the University of Maine Psychology Department (Dr. Max Hammer at the rank of Full Professor and Dr. Alan C. Butler at the rank of Cooperative Associate Professor), psychotherapists, clinical psychology consultants, diagnosticians, as well as supervisors of graduate students and interns in the practice of psychotherapy. Dr. Max Hammer was one of the core founders of the Clinical Psychology program at the University of Maine. Dr. Alan C. Butler was one of the original staff members at the University of Maine counseling center, also served as Director of its Internship training program for over thirty years, and was instrumental in developing that program. Dr. Barry J. Hammer, also from Maine, has a specialization in the history of world religions, and for many years has studied the process of psychological and spiritual transformation, and its applicability to enhancing human relationships.

The primary author, the late Dr. Max Hammer, was an editor and a major contributor of two previously published books, The theory and Practice of Psychotherapy with Specific Disorders (Springfield, Illinois: Charles C. Thomas Publisher, 1972); and The Practice of Psychotherapy with Children (Homewood, Illinois: Dorsey Press, 1967). He also published about 30 articles in the fields of psychotherapy and clinical psychology.

Links to Radio Interviews and YouTube Videos where the books and authors are discussed:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/authorma...

Barry Hammer, Psychological Healing Through Creative Self-Understanding and Self-Transformation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrtJW...

Barry Hammer, Deepening Your Personal Relationships http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFu2YZ...

message 11: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Fleming | 3 comments I'm a Bangor area author here...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bruce-...

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Christiansen (hchristiansen33gmailcom) | 1 comments Hi, I'm a Bangor author! I've just released my first YA Fantasy novel, "The Wraith Keepers." It's on Amazon.com but you can check it out, too, at Book Marc's and soon at Bullmoose. I'll be releasing the sequel, but I'm looking for someone to proofread/edit for a reasonable price????

message 13: by Cathy (last edited Oct 06, 2014 04:08PM) (new)

Cathy Bryant (authorcathybryant) | 2 comments My daughter and I write Christian, historical, romance fiction based on our family history—including the "witch trials" of 1692, and the shipwreck of the Angel Gabriel in 1635. We have two novels out, Lost Love and Shipwrecked: Madeline Pike Finds Hope in the New Land and Grandmother's Namesake.Book 3 Sarah Anne's Expedient Marriage was released October 1, 2014. http://shop.bryantdormanbooks.com/

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate O'Quinn (kkenendy23) | 1 comments I'm a new member to this group and a newly released author. You can check out my 1st novel (with it's own soundtrack) on Amazon and soon at Bullmoose.

www.kateoquinn.com

message 15: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Jr. | 1 comments I've published a couple of books through Amazon, working on my 3rd.

message 16: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Fletcher | 1 comments Hi, I'm a new writer, my husband and I just published our book 6/23/2017

I live around 1/2 hour north of Bangor about 25 miles before you hit Lincoln. I'm thrilled there's a group like this on goodreads for our region.

~Jill :)

message 17: by Tim (new)

Tim Farren | 1 comments Just stumbled onto this group. Excited to hear there is a Bangor area group. I had my first novel published in 2017 and the second one should be ready by spring. Look forward to hearing from others in the region.
https://www.amazon.com/Sibanda-Tim-Fa...

message 18: by Tommy (last edited Dec 28, 2018 03:19PM) (new)

Tommy Carbone | 1 comments Hi All,
The Lobster Lake Bandits is a book set in Maine (and yes, Bangor is mentioned) - with a little of New York City. The story will transport you to our north woods for a historical fiction mystery. I wrote this book to spotlight the wonderful wilderness of Maine. If you like travel adventure, check it out.

Book Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Moosehead-La...

The Lobster Lake Bandits: Mystery at Moosehead
The Lobster Lake Bandits Mystery at Moosehead by Tommy Carbone

message 19: by Brian (last edited Feb 05, 2019 12:12AM) (new)

Brian SMART | 2 comments Hello all. New here and glad to see a community near me of like minded people. I'm a retired chief now looking to show my creative side in other ways by working on my first novel. This I'm hoping to be the first story of a trilogy of trilogies. I would love to be able to bounce ideas off of other people and perhaps find mutual beta reading exchange. If anyone is interested please send me a message. I would love to hear for anyone.

message 20: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Larsen (salarsen) | 1 comments Hi Brian, I'm newer to this group too. What genre and age group are you thinking about writing in? I'm a children's author with two books out through traditional publishers. I write middle grade and young adult literature.

Sheri

message 21: by Brian (new)

Brian SMART | 2 comments S.A. wrote: "Hi Brian, I'm newer to this group too. What genre and age group are you thinking about writing in? I'm a children's author with two books out through traditional publishers. I write middle grade an..."
Thank you for the greeting. The first set of book are classic fantasy along the lines of R A Salvatore with bread crumbs of Sci-Tech which will lead to the second set of books. I'm tailoring it to be enjoyed to both young and odd alike. I have the first 24 chapters written at around 59k word and at about 1/3 of the way through the first tale.

In the end it will be Trilogy of trilogies, three genres, three periods of time, two distinct worlds and one connected story line. It's something I've been toying with since the 80"s but because of my currant circumstance I finally have decided to actively turn it into reality. I would love to find someone to give it a critical look and be able to bounce ideas around to help me better craft the final narrative. I welcome any advice.

Brian