Laugh out Loud Book Club discussion

Everyday Stuff > Morning/Afternoon/Evening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Come and say hello and let us know what your doing for the day? If your working, going out with family or friends or just chilling with a good book.

message 2: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Today, I am off to the library to get hubby an Audio to a book he fancies reading. I will go food shopping, try and read my books. Might even pop into charity shops to see if there is anymore books that take my fancy.

Have a good day/evening for all xx

message 3: by Kristen (last edited Apr 25, 2009 09:38AM) (new)

Kristen Harvey Today I went to Weight Watchers, started laundry at my parents house, stopped by the library to pick up a dvd, and now am at work - reading hehe currently. Then I will finish up some laundry, meet my girlfriend to talk about wedding plans, and go to my fiance's sister's musical tonight... Jeez I'm busy today.

Tomorrow, I'm picking up two books at a different library, going to work, going to the fiance's family's for dinner and then grocery shopping.

message 4: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Morning all, well today is nice and sunny. We are going to a local Theme Park for the morning, then back for a nice Sunday roast dinner. I have 13 b/day cards and a few pressies today to open for my b/day.

I will plan on tryin to read as much as I can, so have a great day and evening to all xx

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey It's raining here.. would run to grab groceries before the library.. but ick it's not letting up. I need to finish at least one book today, hopefully.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It's nice here, except a little windy. I did laundry and visited with relatives. Typical weekend for me.

message 7: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I visited several friends today. The weather is a little funky. It is extremely windy. There has been downpour rain, regular rain, thunder, lightning, and now we are under a tornado watch till midnight.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow... it's not THAT windy here. Just a little more than usual. A nice day for laundry.

message 9: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) For my b/day I received the following books:

10 Reasons Not to Fall in Love - Linda Green.

Whiskey Sour - J. A Konarth

Sepulchre - Kate Mosse

Sundays At Tiffanys - James Patterson

The Vows of Silence - Susan Hill

Whispers of the Dead - Simon Beckett

Keeping the Dead - Tess Gerritsen

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Happy B-day Fiona! Looks like you got some fun books!

Today I work all day, attend class tonight and then will attempt to tidy up the apartment when I get home.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Just working today... and of course goodreads! :)

message 12: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Just hanging out on GR and reading and maybe some crafts - lazy day

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky... wish I had a lazy day today. Seems like all my days off are busy and I'm too tired after work to read much.

message 14: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Well, I posted 8 parcels off (5 swaps and 3 mooches). Been relaxing on here checking messages and watching tv.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Had a good birthday I hope?

message 16: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I don't want to appear dumb, but what are swaps and mooches?

message 17: by Fiona (Titch) (last edited Apr 27, 2009 08:55AM) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Randi, I belong to a UK site called Read It Swap It. Its a site where we swap books with ppl (its like ur Paperbackswap). Mooches is Bookmooch.

Here is the addy for Bookmooch. www.bookmooch.com

message 18: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Yeah it was ok Linda. Had gorgeous weather, went on the Go-Karts (6 times), Umbrella ride (twice), Carousel (twice).

Today, we are havin the Roast Pork that we should of had yesterday.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds nice... I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

message 20: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Can't wait til I start my new books lol. Now I need to look for the other J.A. Konrath books.

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 13 comments Happy Birthday Fiona!

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 13 comments Ive been reading True Believer by Nicholas Sparks and hope to finish it soon - went to work today, now working on laundry and checking emails.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

How do you like True Believer? I own most of Nicholas Sparks' novels and have read all of them. I enjoy his writing very much.

message 24: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) I have a couple of Nicholas Sparks books.

Today, I am gonna go and pay some bills, get some food in, take back books from library and most probably chill out with Broken Skin - Stuart MacBride

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Pay some bills... yeah me too. I wish I didn't work so much. Then I could read a lot more. Maybe I will have some time this weekend to read some of the books that I have started.

message 26: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) sigh...i have a lot of homework to do (easy homework,but a lot)
And i'll also read...then play/learn some guitar/piano...

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so glad I don't have homework anymore. I'm going to go back to school sometime, but for now I'm tired enough with just my 8-5 job. I hate doing homework. I would always try to finish my homework from my previous class in my next class so I didn't have to do it at home, except for Math... I love math.

message 28: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Well I'm all done with classes now.. first week without classes and I get to actually go home after work now! I also get a year or so off until I decide to go for my masters degree. So today I will be going home, cooking dinner, cleaning and then reading for the rest of the night.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky you! I feel like I never have enough time for reading...

message 30: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I never do.. and I probably will listen to an audiobook while cleaning and probably not have time to read read but that's okie. I ignored the apartment so I could finish reading my last Midnighters book this weekend. This summer will be awesome, I'll only work nights and it's an easy enough job I can get reading done there as well. I just hope I get a higher paying job for next year.. no calls coming in and the elementary school year is coming to a close in three weeks! GAH!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I understand completely. I work at a school district office and am able to get some reading done on breaks and things like that, but I wish I could have a week off to just get the apartment sorted and finish a couple books... I will work with what I got for now though.

message 32: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I work in the school library.. so when we're slower, I can read sometimes, but not lately. It's nice to have days off during the week, but that is when I end up planning doing my oil changes, doctors appointments, and every other thing under the sun.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha yeah life is busy for sure. Seems like as soon as we finish one thing, another comes up.

message 34: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I just can't wait for summer! I'll be a crazy reading woman.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha sounds good to me. I would be as well, but I work in the business office and have to work 12 months. :( Oh well... Maybe my summer weekends won't be so crazy and I will have more time then.

message 36: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey At least catch some sun. I may be in and out of the school library if I get an actual librarian job.. so my summer may be busier than I want it to be. Also.. I have a wedding to plan - getting married at the end of October.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh Congratulations! Are you having a big wedding? I got married at the end of September with only 4 months planning time. It turned out marvelous and wouldn't change anything about it!

message 38: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Big enough.. we're inviting 150 people about - but it's a backyard wedding with a reception at a local church that has the space for it. I have no $$ so I'm spreading my expenses out between family members who are involved. We thought about eloping, but my family is too huge to not do something more formal. We've known since last summer really, but the plans are finally being chiseled out.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like my wedding. My sister-in-law and father-in-law both helped us greatly. We had so many people helping us out that it became a family effort, taking away a lot of stress and making it that much more fun.

message 40: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Yeah, the problem is when they don't agree on something haha. Now that my classes are over I've been getting more wedding questions and suggestions and whatnot.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I hope you enjoy it! I know I did. And good luck with all the planning. There are a lot of great websites out there with ideas if you get stuck. I know we were online all the time looking for items that matched my theme because we needed to get the best price possible.

message 42: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Well, today its a beautiful sunny day here in my part of the UK. Kids are being packed off to Nanny & Grandad's overnight, while hubby and I go for a meal and drinks for our wedding Anniversary lol.

Have a great day x

message 43: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 13 comments Fiona (Titch) wrote: "Well, today its a beautiful sunny day here in my part of the UK. Kids are being packed off to Nanny & Grandad's overnight, while hubby and I go for a meal and drinks for our wedding Anniversary lol..."

Happy Anniversary!
:)

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 13 comments Linda Grace wrote: "How do you like True Believer? I own most of Nicholas Sparks' novels and have read all of them. I enjoy his writing very much."

I really enjoyed True Believer and recently received At First Sight from a request at paperbackswap. It sounds like At First Sight is a sequel to True Believer, I cant wait to read it!

message 45: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (abbiebum) | 205 comments today is my first day out for the summer! Amen! im swimming at my dads. i plan to go to the library on monday maybe to return the most use4ful book ive ever read, called "The Daring Book for Girls" it has how to make embroidery thread bracelets, quill pens, how to tie saris, a brief history of women spies, how to do a cartwheel(which i failed miserably at;thats probably why i read!), etc. I want to buy it but its a big expensive hardback.. yuck!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

The weather is nice here in California as well. Too bad I'm stuck at work all day...

Melissa, how do you like paperbackswap.com? My aunt just told me about it last weekend and I haven't looked into it yet. Does it work out well?

message 47: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) Today i had a headache(don't like it)...
I have to study for exams...already past some exams...
I'm trying to learn some songs on my GUitar...
And i'm still reading The Hobbit...

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know of anyone that likes headaches! Poor you... I guess it's hard to rest when you have studying to do, which could be the reason for your headache. Today is graduation here, and because I work for a school district, I may get out early so they can use the parking lot! Yay!! We'll see if that happens or not. I'm so glad it's practically the weekend though! It's my sister's birthday today so we are going to celebrate tomorrow with the family.

message 49: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Not much planned.

Saturday: DD off to her family link, DS1 & 2 are comin with us to maybe get their eyes tested (test due), goin to buy dad his Father's Day card as they are off to Lanzarote for 2 weeks on Father's Day (21st June, incase your wondering what day). Gotta post parcels off for ppl (swaps, mooches and lends). More reading in the evening.

Sunday, chill with my book as weather is rather horrid (says weather reports).

message 50: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Cleaning today, read a book or two and then babysitting tonight.

Tomorrow is my fiance's 21st birthday - we're going to Medieval Times!

« previous 1